Lumia denim for preview for developers

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
and regarding if it will be available as a direct upgrade from the Preview, its likely because the Bitlocker problem is the exception, whereas I went from the 8.0 Update 3 Preview to the official release + Lumia Black firmware with no issues.

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Are u sure we will not have to downgrade to the 8.1 official release then upgrade to Denim? Currently I have 8.1 update 1 developer preview.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I really hope MS releases it and not have to deal with the Carriers on this one....Just like on Verizon we are still waiting for Cyan....Once it comes then we will have to wait months again for Denim....

Didn't MS say users would not have to wait for carriers on WP8 announcements ?

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I really hope MS releases it and not have to deal with the Carriers on this one....Just like on Verizon we are still waiting for Cyan....Once it comes then we will have to wait months again for Denim....

Didn't MS say users would not have to wait for carriers on WP8 announcements ?

Correct. Windows Phone can be upgraded (via DP) without waiting for carriers. Black/Cyan/Denim are Nokia firmware (HTC and Samsung don't give fancy names, but also release the same way as Nokia devices, by attaching the firmware update with the software update) and not directly related to the Windows Phone version.

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site

ajftl

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I did cyan on my 1020 running dp without rolling back. But in my 1520 it didn't had to roll back do cyan then did dp

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Those who are running Dev Preview are still waiting... No cyan yet unless we want to lose our game progress and live folders rolling back to 8.0 sans DP.

Did you try OTA update? They allowed it for the 1020 on AT&T with Dev Preview. It might not have been all devices though...

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Did you try OTA update? They allowed it for the 1020 on AT&T with Dev Preview. It might not have been all devices though...

Tried several times. Not happening for 920 in US, but 920-Tmo Germany has it... :p

I'm going to do the NSRT on my husband's phone and see how it goes. Only compelling issue right now is battery drain. Definitely won't roll back my daughter's phone (aka the Gameboy)... she'd hate me forever.

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Those who are running Dev Preview are still waiting... No cyan yet unless we want to lose our game progress and live folders rolling back to 8.0 sans DP.

Can't speak for the game progress, but you can get the folders right back by re-installing the DP and re-updating to 8.1.1

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Can't speak for the game progress, but you can get the folders right back by re-installing the DP and re-updating to 8.1.1

It's the game progress that is driving me nuts. I don't want to lose my level 20 in Another Case Solved. Most of the other games I play are Xbox Live titles, so they're safe. Right now, I'm just trying to do a backup. Settings backup is failing miserably and I've tweaked and uninstalled until there's little left to tweak or uninstall. Have tried at least 30 times...

As for my daughter's 920, it's all about the games. I don't dare upgrade hers.

I did upgrade my husband's 920 last night. Expected battery life went from 21 hours to 1 day, 15 hours (39 hours). That's even a little better than expected battery life on 8.0 (approx. 36 hours).

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Most of the other games I play are Xbox Live titles, so they're safe.

Don't count on that....No games including xbox live games are saved. 8.1 as a application backup but, that is only if a dev changes their code to use it. So far as far as I know, nothing is support it yet.

Last time I did a hard reset, I lost all my game saves, including about 10 xbox games...

So, don't count on that your going to end up being very disappointed...

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Denim, like cyan, is a firmware update. We won't be seeing a DP.

That was the excuse when Nokia was in charge. However, since Microsoft is now in charge of the phones that belonged to Nokia, there's no reason why Microsoft couldn't make the firmware available also on the DP for their devices.
Well...there's one reason: carriers and Microsoft's fear to stand up against them.

Two countries at least. US and Germany.

And not generally. I got it on my DP Deutsche Telekom 920. However I have still to receive it on my also DP Deutsche Telekom 1020.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)