1520 the real affordable 'Flashing' phone

Jorge Holguin

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Recently I wrote a OP why "Lumia 830 is perfect for me" http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...w-developers/309082-lumia-830-perfect-me.html but I want to invalidate that call and pretended I didn't write it down :winktongue:.
The reason I am doing a 360 in this decision is because I was looking in to my drawer when I found my old 920 and then I realized I could do the same thing I did when I purchased the 920 two yrs ago. I spent $250 [wall & wireless chargers, screen protector + 35 to unlock it], so as you can see I saved a lot of money and all that thanks to depreciation. WP tend to depreciate faster than other phones so that could be a blessing for some of us. I went to eBay and Amazon this morning to compared prices among the sites and from two months ago and what you know prices are dropping as I expected, the same phones I checked were cheaper by $100 to 150. When I remember that Denim update is coming to the flashing device released this year I said if I am going to spend above $300 for a phone, why not spend it in a real flashing phone? And here is where the 1520 come into place. The 930 aka [Icon], 1020 and 1520 are among the best flashing phone released in 2014 but the 1520 is my favorite. Now that the Government allows to unlock our phones and with the new flashing WP [hopefully] coming these Holidays and the mid-end just released [730,735 & 830] I know prices are going to keep dropping.

So why pay $400 for the 830 when you can pay the same or even less for a real "affordable" flashing phone? What do you guys think? Do you as me, believe the prices are going to keep dropping? Would you reconsider your phone decision for these Holidays?

anon(8985111)

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Recently I wrote a OP why "Lumia 830 is perfect for me" http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...w-developers/309082-lumia-830-perfect-me.html but I want to invalidate that call and pretended I didn't write it down :winktongue:.
The reason I am doing a 360 in this decision is because I was looking in to my drawer when I found my old 920 and then I realized I could do the same thing I did when I purchased the 920 two yrs ago. I spent $250 [wall & wireless chargers, screen protector + 35 to unlock it], so as you can see I saved a lot of money and all that thanks to depreciation. WP tend to depreciate faster than other phones so that could be a blessing for some of us. I went to eBay and Amazon this morning to compared prices among the sites and from two months ago and what you know prices are dropping as I expected, the same phones I checked were cheaper by $100 to 150. When I remember that Denim update is coming to the flashing device released this year I said if I am going to spend above $300 for a phone, why not spend it in a real flashing phone? And here is where the 1520 come into place. The 930 aka [Icon], 1020 and 1520 are among the best flashing phone released in 2014 but the 1520 is my favorite. Now that the Government allows to unlock our phones and with the new flashing WP [hopefully] coming these Holidays and the mid-end just released [730,735 & 830] I know prices are going to keep dropping.

So why pay $400 for the 830 when you can pay the same or even less for a real "affordable" flashing phone? What do you guys think? Do you as me, believe the prices are going to keep dropping? Would you reconsider your phone decision for these Holidays?

I bought my Lumia 1520 for around 340€ in Europe some weeks ago and when taking the keynote into account I think that was a solid decision. Hardwarewise you will be fine for a comparatively long time. Come Denim and we will have an even better device

Jorge Holguin

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I bought my Lumia 1520 for around 340€ in Europe some weeks ago and when taking the keynote into account I think that was a solid decision. Hardwarewise you will be fine for a comparatively long time. Come Denim and we will have an even better device
The best decision you made....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05