Downgrade?

LAETH08

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
My device is a Lumia 920. I have the official Cyan and 8.1 updates. I am not using the Developers Preview 8.1 or 8.1.1.
wp_ss_20140907_0001.png
I have had Cyan for 3 days now and I hate everything about this update. I want to go back to Black. I have already tried using the Nokia Software Recovery Tool. That did not work. It told me that the only update that was available was the one that's already installed. I have also tried using the "rest your phone" option under about in the settings, and my phone still has Cyan on it. Is there a way to do this that I have not already tried?

LAETH08

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Basically what everyone hates, no more support for Facebook from the messaging hub. I'm also not too fond of the video playback on IE either.
The hard reset just set my phone to a clean install with Cyan still installed. It did not restore it back to 8.0

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
A hard reset will never clear out firmware. Once applied, everything has been overwritten so it is not possible to restore to the way you bought it via hard reset.

You'll need to use Nokia Care Suite and the Data Package Manager to download the exact firmware you want, then flash to your phone. There are several guides to doing this scattered around the forums. I had never flashed a WP before, but just last night I did... Pretty easy, though the frustrating part is setting up the proper tools and dealing with other misc problems that pop up from time to time (For me at least, grrr)

I think this is your only option at this point. Good luck!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Basically what everyone hates, no more support for Facebook from the messaging hub. I'm also not too fond of the video playback on IE either.
The hard reset just set my phone to a clean install with Cyan still installed. It did not restore it back to 8.0

Not gonna lie, the messaging hub messaging kinda sucked.
I'm sad it was ripped, but then again FB is really pushing their messenger.

but OK, if its worth losing the good bits as well, can't stop you, but you'll have to get the right ROM to flash I think since your phone model is already officially upgraded if I understand right.

Biggzie666

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Ive got a L920 running 8.1 as well & Ive wanted to roll back too ... Ive fixed some of the browser problems by switching to UC Browser. Its not as good as the IE in 8.0, but its heaps better than IE in 8.1 ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo