Any news on the Cyan update for WP 8.1 DP

snowwake8

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 928 on Verizon and haven't heard a damn thing. I'm pretty passed about this. I mean, technically speaking if I didn't have developers preview I'd still be on Windows phone 8. That is a travesty! I feel for the 80% of windows phone users who aren't on 8.1 yet.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've just raised this with the WP service delivery team. I may or may not get an answer beyond what's currently publically known. I'll update here if there's any news back.

Fuzzy John

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I got tired of waiting, my battery was kinda sh*tty. Installed Cyan yesterday using Nokia software recovery tool. Didn't have to flash my device back to WP8 though... battery seems better now btw, but i guess it'll take a while to see real results.

Did installing Cyan on DP 8.1.1 require a hard reset?

lephilou

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Joe Belfiore explained on Twitter few days ago that Cyan for DP needs a different firmware for each phone, it should come soon, and maybe with Denim included

Fingers crossed

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Joe Belfiore explained on Twitter few days ago that Cyan for DP needs a different firmware for each phone, it should come soon, and maybe with Denim included

Fingers crossed

Denim included? Who started that? Never will happen.
The firmware is already different for each phone. There is nothing new about that.
Give a link to quote Joe.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure where the "Cyan rolled in with Denim" stuff is coming from, but Joe Belfiore did confirm yesterday on Twitter that Cyan is no longer blocked on the DP. If you're not getting Cyan, the DP is not the problem.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I read Joe's twitter post and it didn't really make much sense to me given that Microsoft themselves suspended the update for Lumia DP users.

This is why I'm seeking clarification from someone else.

P1ng0fDeath

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Did installing Cyan on DP 8.1.1 require a hard reset?

I didn't hard or soft reset my phone. But I also decided to start fresh, so I didn't restore the backup when the update was finished. It doesn't require a reset, as the Recovery Tool did all the job, but it will erase your data anyway. I also had to install the latest version of 8.1 DP once Cyan installation was finished, but nothing was lost.

lephilou

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure where the "Cyan rolled in with Denim" stuff is coming from, but Joe Belfiore did confirm yesterday on Twitter that Cyan is no longer blocked on the DP. If you're not getting Cyan, the DP is not the problem.

Wrong, Joe only said that Cyan is not blocked but just needs time to be prepared for each phone,
Joe said "Cyan isn't blocked for dev preview. Cyan is hw-specific firmware, built individually for each device."

We didn't get Cyan because of Bit locker, but it is taking so long, half of september, so i am just guessing they won't release 2 firmware update in 1 month :-/

Also i tried to reverse to cyan and then update to GDR1 bu i got nothing, i m on O2 64GB 1020 unbranded to French CV

It's so long wait, i tried cyan and looked very nice but i reverted to Black with GDR1 because i can't be without Live Folders anymore :grincry:

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's so long wait, i tried cyan and looked very nice but i reverted to Black with GDR1 because i can't be without Live Folders anymore :grincry:

You can have Cyan and Live Folders. After you use the Nokia tool to get Cyan, just use the3 "Preview for Developers" app to enrol yourself in the program again (just tick the box as before and press "Done"). Check for updates and you will get GDR1.

lephilou

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
You can have Cyan and Live Folders. After you use the Nokia tool to get Cyan, just use the3 "Preview for Developers" app to enrol yourself in the program again (just tick the box as before and press "Done"). Check for updates and you will get GDR1.

That's exactly what i did yesterday but with no success :-/ i was blocked on original Cyan

For me GDR1 is really stable, just the battery is a problem, i received a new battery today, i will see after testing Cyan if i change it

TheMiseryOfMe

May 29, 2014
Visit site
That's the information I was looking for, supposedly the Cyan update is out for the 520 on EE in the UK but whenever I check for updates it says I'm up to date and I'm definitely still on black, so I naturally assumed that they were still block the update on DP

lephilou

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
That's exactly what i did yesterday but with no success :-/ i was blocked on original Cyan

For me GDR1 is really stable, just the battery is a problem, i received a new battery today, i will see after testing Cyan if i change it

Retried from scratch and updating without problem!! :grincry:

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
News back from the WP team (Eli A, who posts here occasionally)

Eli said:
The Cyan update will continue to move forward shortly. I don't have much information I can share right now, but rest assured it will be moving forward shortly. :)

At least this means that there's no overwhelming problem that has halted production.

Yakkob

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I have given in and downgraded and fecked off DP. Now enjoying cyan. What a mess Microsoft :(

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Juraj Ondruska

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I was kinda upset of still not getting Cyan on my L920 PD. So I encouraged myself and downloaded that nokia recovery tool and after connecting the phone the app downloaded and installed cyan immediately without downgrading to 8.0, finally i got the cyan easily than I expected.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo