Just got Cyan, and IE11 images still look like crap! HELP!

AccentAE86

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Hey all!

I've noticed while on Dev Preview for 8.1 that downscaled images in my ie11 browser look bad. I think the more it has to downscale, the worse it looks, but don't quote me on that. I was hoping that the official 8.1+Cyan update would fix it, but it's been disappointing so far. Here is a screenshot of what images in IE11 look like on my 1020:

onbrowser.jpg

I saved that exact image, and viewed it in the default WP photo gallery app, and it looks great of course:

I updated my 820, 625, and 920 to Cyan, and all of them are exhibiting the same problem! Some websites look purely awful (of which, my business websites are included) though they look perfectly great on my iPhone and Galaxy S3.

My business websites are:
THE BOUDOIR by Night and Day - Edmonton Boudoir Photography
Night and Day Photography - Edmonton Wedding Photographers, Edmonton Family Photographers

Please tell me if the images look like crap on your WP or not!

Has anyone else experienced this? And please, if you have figured out how to fix it, PLEASE tell me!!! I'm going crazy!!!

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey all!

I've noticed while on Dev Preview for 8.1 that downscaled images in my ie11 browser look bad. I think the more it has to downscale, the worse it looks, but don't quote me on that. I was hoping that the official 8.1+Cyan update would fix it, but it's been disappointing so far. Here is a screenshot of what images in IE11 look like on my 1020:

I saved that exact image, and viewed it in the default WP photo gallery app, and it looks great of course:

I updated my 820, 625, and 920 to Cyan, and all of them are exhibiting the same problem! Some websites look purely awful (of which, my business websites are included) though they look perfectly great on my iPhone and Galaxy S3.

My business websites are:
THE BOUDOIR by Night and Day - Edmonton Boudoir Photography
Night and Day Photography - Edmonton Wedding Photographers, Edmonton Family Photographers

Please tell me if the images look like crap on your WP or not!

Has anyone else experienced this? And please, if you have figured out how to fix it, PLEASE tell me!!! I'm going crazy!!!
check your data sense app. You might have put some kind of limitation on it.

byobg

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
That was my first thought. I turn data sense totally off by default, since I have a healthy 6GB data plan. Doesn't help at all!

Data Sense was my first thought too - I keep "Browser data savings" set to "High," and sometimes graphics render pretty blockily as a result - however, even with that setting, your business site looked fine, so that's not it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster