Best Windows phone as a Media player WiFi device?

sprtfan

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Here are the settings that will help the Lumia 822 to work on Straight Talk using ATT network:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-822/211296-4.htm

Thanks for the link. Once setup, is there any drawbacks to using the Nokia 822 on an AT&T MVNO vs using something like a Nokia 820? Would the 822 be limited to 3G while the 820 could use 4g hspa+? (I really don't care about speed. Just wanted to know if this would be a difference)
Would the Nokia 822 actually be a better choice since I'd have an option to moving to a Verizon MVNO down the road if/when they start letting LTE phones on the network?
Thanks

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the link. Once setup, is there any drawbacks to using the Nokia 822 on an AT&T MVNO vs using something like a Nokia 820? Would the 822 be limited to 3G while the 820 could use 4g hspa+? (I really don't care about speed. Just wanted to know if this would be a difference)
Would the Nokia 822 actually be a better choice since I'd have an option to moving to a Verizon MVNO down the road if/when they start letting LTE phones on the network?
Thanks

You need to do the frequency research for the MVNO. I believe you will get HSPA on ATT, I could get HSPA, HSPA+ on TMO. But down the line the 822 will work seamlessly on the Verizon MVNO but no such luck with the 820.

sprtfan

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I think I'm getting things figured out right now. After some more research, my main concern with the Nokia 822 is some complaints about battery life which could be a little bit of an issue. I'm not sure how big of a deal it would be with our usage though. Mostly looking at the Blue Win Jr also but it looks like the Nokia is better in most of the specs if I understand them correctly. Thanks

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I think I'm getting things figured out right now. After some more research, my main concern with the Nokia 822 is some complaints about battery life which could be a little bit of an issue. I'm not sure how big of a deal it would be with our usage though. Mostly looking at the Blue Win Jr also but it looks like the Nokia is better in most of the specs if I understand them correctly. Thanks

I use the 810 which is the TMO equivalent of the 822 and the battery lasts me all day without any issues and I use my phone quite a bit. Hope this helps.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Not using any cellular will help your battery life tremendously, I don't think you will have any issues.

He's lining it up as a gift for an 11 yr old girl. She'll be all over it 24/7 (if I know kids of that age) and may need cellular activation down the road...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett