Which Music Player?

OwenDL

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I've googled, I've read article after article about this subject, I've gone through hundreds of apps in the Store, but my quest continues.

And now I end up here! WP Central, which music player do you use, find to be the most fluid, useful and effective?

I've tried 'Listen', but found it too clunky to use while driving and keeping an eye on the road, and I despised the small, rotating artwork. I've tried Music+ and it seemed to have too many extra features, like DJ stations, music groups and finding new artists.. My list could go on. I've ended up with Xbox music, but I'd like to know what you guys think.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I use the old WP8 music player using the app Music Hub Tile. I found it to be the most responsive, which I need.

second, is the new Xbox Music app, which I could live with, but I'm picky when it comes to an extra second or two to bring up the playlist, etc.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Music Hub Tile is fast just like the Music+Videos on WP8.

ModernMusic is a good one too although playlists are tough

thinkdan

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I use the old WP8 music player using the app Music Hub Tile. I found it to be the most responsive, which I need.

second, is the new Xbox Music app, which I could live with, but I'm picky when it comes to an extra second or two to bring up the playlist, etc.

The old Music Hub is now glitchy on my phone (Lumia 822 WP8.1 DP) and it wasn't before on WP8. I have issues with duplicate artists, one seems to show the music stored in the SD card and the other one the streaming music only. Sometimes I filter the music to play SD card only and it will stream anyway, etc.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I was pretty happy with the Windows Phone 8 Music app, because the Windows Phone 8.1 app was a total mess.

However I found a pretty amazing and extremely fluid replacement called OneMusic.

Definitely try it!

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Hands down, ModernMusic is the one I use. It does everything I want, and none of the garbage I don't want. I don't want to listen to music on the cloud. That's why I bought the 64GB SD Card. I want everything local, so I don't have to pay for data when I'm listening to music all day.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I used Find My Music Too and that was great-except there were slight issues with the app not reading what I labeled the music as but some stupid stuff so I ended up getting typos/misspelled artists and songs in different albums. It was uncommon but there.
ModernMusic seemed pretty great as well.
But now I use the default Music app simply because it's so easy to make a playlist. Little hard to navigate but otherwise a solid app.

brymcho

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately default Music app doesn't have autostop (sleep) functionality, so it is useless for late evening listening. Besides the interface is indeed a bit harder to navigate.

brymcho

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
if you want a complicated type player , then you can try find my music too .

Thanks, it is very good player indeed but no "sleep" function as with the stock player. I can't understand that. May be it is just me, but for music player software main functionality should be focused on playing music, that includes playlists, start and stop music. A lot of people listen music late at night and that's why in 90's every music device (even my old "Walkman" did!!!) had its "sleep" function.

And I know there is an app (like stop music or sleep timer) for this, but why should I use an app to kill the app I want to have "pause after" function ?!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs