annoying slow & other bugs since cyan

Steve Bliss

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Since the cyan update my 520 worked great to start with, even on DP.

However I'm now getting multiple bugs;

1. Device won't turn on, especially after being charged. Turns on eventually but with enormous lag, sometimes the lock screen only goes up partially then sticks with no other buttons working.

2. Occasionally tells me the sd card needs to be checked and fixed, its a class 10 32gb card which worked just fine before cyan.

3. WiFi drops whenever I come back in range. Only solution is to soft reset every time. I've tried deleting the connection but still comes up with WiFi "not available".

4. Battery life is awful. My phone was on 80% late one night but by 6am was dead. It had been consuming 20% per hour whilst doing nothing!

5. Device often not recognised by my PC - quite random on this point.

6. Lock screen & live tiles update randomly, never consistently.

I've looked around but can't seem to find anyone having these problems, certainly not altogether. Can anyone help me please?

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

Last edited:

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Hard reset. Sorry, but this tells me that you need to really perform a hard reset.

Some of these problems may be attributed to hardware, which says a lot in this scenario.

Steve Bliss

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Ok I'll give that a try. When you say hardware are you meaning my device or SD card might be damaged in some way or something else?

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro