Is the Cyan update ever coming to the 8.1 dp???

Avik Chakraborty

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft said that they were on the process of getting a fix for the issues with the cyan update in the 8.1 dp devices...so where the hell is that fix??? Have they stopped developing the fix of the issue with the bitlocker...i don't even use that ****!!! So y aren't they giving it to us.....i don't have an unlimited internet access to download the s#!t load to downgrade my phone to 8.....what should I do....wait for how long??? All the devices in India have got the cyan already....Microsoft is least concerned about this problem...

nickniko

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
this is getting really furstrating, it has been several months since cyan is available and i do not feel like downgrading to get it. MS promised to fix the DP problem but i do not see any fix it. Come on MS, move faster!

MrA2Z

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't have bitlocker problem but less storage issue is giving me headache when I try to install the update 1 for Preview for Developers. I think unless that issue will not be solved, I will not get Cyan update. According to my carrier and Nokia update page Cyan has been released but my phone is not finding it.
Seriously thinking to downgrade and then install cyan update.

JithinPrasad

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't have bitlocker problem but less storage issue is giving me headache when I try to install the update 1 for Preview for Developers. I think unless that issue will not be solved, I will not get Cyan update. According to my carrier and Nokia update page Cyan has been released but my phone is not finding it.
Seriously thinking to downgrade and then install cyan update.

Do it with NSRT.. No need of downgrading & then again updating to Cyan.
NSRT will directly update your Lumia Device to Lumia Cyan but will wash off all data.

StephanW

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
NSRT will directly update your Lumia Device to Lumia Cyan but will wash off all data.

Not an option.

Everyone wants Microsoft to start making Watches now. But look, Microsoft can't even yet upgrade all phones to Cyan. I'm still stuck in the middle with 8.1 update 1 on Lumia Black. And it's so annoying!

JithinPrasad

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Not an option.

Everyone wants Microsoft to start making Watches now. But look, Microsoft can't even yet upgrade all phones to Cyan. I'm still stuck in the middle with 8.1 update 1 on Lumia Black. And it's so annoying!

I too Completely agree with that.. They should have fixed it.. Hard luck they haven't
But they have opened another method in front of us to do the update.. Think in that way too

MrA2Z

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

Done it today, as soon as I connected the phone NSRT instantly gave the message that update is available. Compared it with Nokia's update tracker page and started installation.

I thought that would only work if your carrier had already released Cyan?

Yeah it works only when update had already been released by the carrier. I checked all information before using NSRT and then used it. Even if you are not sure just connect the phone while NSRT is running. It will tell you whether update is available. Then compare the version number at this page and install Cyan.

After update I paused installation of all apps but got Preview for Developers. It took less time to install Preview for Developers updates because there was not much data to migrate.

Cinju

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
I got cyan installed directly by using the Nokia Recovery tool in my Lumia 625 today. It was quiet surprising for me. I was expecting it to be the Black edition & then to go through 3-4 updates until Cyan is installed. But now in 1 shot it is Lumia Cyan .I had posted a separate thread on this and waiting for moderators to approve.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3