HELP! Pictures and Music gone after update!

MyNL822

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Just updated my phone to whatever, cant even check right now, but it said I was up to date. But, why did they have to do this new update format? I had no problem waiting for my data to migrate and all that, but this time I updated my phone and saw wifi password wasn't even saved.(Like I can go bother my dad on Football Sunday for a wifi password.) I wasn't even expecting it to only have some old backup for my phone. The last backup for my phone was August 31st, and that is the backup I think that was pulled up. I forgot I needed to manually backup because my phone doesn't plug in to charge anymore I have to charge the battery separately because the port broke. Every text from 9/13 and on is doubled, both sent and received texts appear as two texts. (Person says "OMG really?" and then "OMG Really" and I say "Yes" and "Yes" again.) My pictures are all completely gone because before now I never needed to back them up to onedrive because It never required me to back it up one onedrive to get them back after an update. I don't even think I have the real latest version, I can't even make app folders. Why did they change the updating process to this stupid nonsense?! I'm so upset right now... :( Is there anyway I can get my pictures back? Or have the wifi password synced back w/o entering it again. I don't even have a single song on my phone...what did they do? There was definitely no way to backup music, I checked and the only unchecked thing I had was photos and videos. All my music is gone... :'( there isn't even all of it in the cloud, about 5% was on the cloud and I saved only one song on my computer. There is no way to get this items back because they were from the now deleted app audiotica. Where did all my stuff go?!

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Was your data (pix & music) on your SDcard ?
Is it possible it hasn't re-indexed, yet ? (instructions assume YES to 1st question)

Go to Storage Sense >> SDCard >> Remove SDcard >> then pull the card
REBOOT the phone
After it's started, insert the SDCard & WAIT for the contents to re-index.
- if NO indication, your card may be BAD

BTW - this isn't an iPhone, you don't need to plug in to backup, just turn backup ON

- what was the update ?

MyNL822

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Was your data (pix & music) on your SDcard ?
Is it possible it hasn't re-indexed, yet ? (instructions assume YES to 1st question)

Go to Storage Sense >> SDCard >> Remove SDcard >> then pull the card
REBOOT the phone
After it's started, insert the SDCard & WAIT for the contents to re-index.
- if NO indication, your card may be BAD

BTW - this isn't an iPhone, you don't need to plug in to backup, just turn backup ON

- what was the update ?
Nope, it was saved to the phone. I don't own a SD card. And it is 8.10.12397.895. I looked it up and that isn't even the newest update, I am guessing it doesn't get newer without cyan. Tommorow after school I will have my dad put the wifi password in, but I doubt It will change anything. I might try doing a factory reset at the same time and not skipping wifi password and seeing what happens because I really want my music back. Pics aren't as important at the moment.
P.S updating was a huge mistake...I only updated to see if it would stop my random shutdowns. But it might have been my battery as the problem.

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Just try this
Plugin charger on phone
Turn off it
Wait for restart

For me, after turning on gallery and songs had UPDATING....
And everything came back normal

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I said that I use an external battery charger that requires me to remove the battery to charge it.

That's a tough way to have a charged phone!! Anyway, just try restarting the phone after a recharge... Oh, i m appearing a joker, it will definitely Restart!!

Will you try sending pics or something through Bluetooth.. I have no idea now.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Factory reset *is not* a good idea. If you have lost your photos and music after the update, it feels like your phone needs a soft reset first. Try by holding vol up + power button till phone vibrates and shuts down. When it restarts, you will need to change date and time and then try to sync Microsoft account. Was that music your own mp3/mp4 songs that you uploaded to phone or was it via Xbox music pass?

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Factory reset *is not* a good idea. If you have lost your photos and music after the update, it feels like your phone needs a soft reset first. Try by holding vol up + power button till phone vibrates and shuts down. When it restarts, you will need to change date and time and then try to sync Microsoft account. Was that music your own mp3/mp4 songs that you uploaded to phone or was it via Xbox music pass?

A doubt on key combination for soft reset. Can you confirm it?

MyNL822

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Well, had a conversation with support yesterday and me and the guy realized my crappy phone shut off mid shutdown for update and then that ruined the process which resulted in me having to proceed as if I had a new phone. It also explains why I said they changed the updating process, but really I received the new phone process with option to restore, explaining the loss of ALL my files, literally nothing on the phone but apps, not even app data I think was saved. What upsets me is there is no way to backup your music on the phone and only thing that was restored was some of my messages and all contacts, but all my contact pictures have a big 'X'

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Well, had a conversation with support yesterday and me and the guy realized my crappy phone shut off mid shutdown for update and then that ruined the process which resulted in me having to proceed as if I had a new phone. It also explains why I said they changed the updating process, but really I received the new phone process with option to restore, explaining the loss of ALL my files, literally nothing on the phone but apps, not even app data I think was saved. What upsets me is there is no way to backup your music on the phone and only thing that was restored was some of my messages and all contacts, but all my contact pictures have a big 'X'

So you have a half boiled OS that don't know how to bark!! What is your next plan? Anything on the ONEDRIVE?

Contact will come back once you install facebook and sync and then merge contacts.
Hope you will have a good phone back.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss