For those who cannot get their phones update to 8.1 without downgrading: here's how to update

Omega Wind

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Some widows phones (especially Lumia series) stay at OS version 8.10.12393.890 or even earlier version :angry:. Many times that you check phone update, it always tell you that your phone is up to date but apparently it's not. Some suggest to downgrade your phone to 8.0 and then you're ready to go, but that will wipe out all your files and apps (Oops!:eck:).
After hundreds of times of trying, I finally get my phone updated without downgrading. Here's how to update your Lumia920 to the latest version (8.10.14157.200).

First, update your phone to Os 8.10.XXXX.XXX or a later version. Then, search ?Lumia system updater ? or ? Lumia update check? in windows store, or both.
Second, install and operate "Lumia system updater" or "Lumia update check", search APP ?preview for developers?,and install it. Here, you will find some updates for system apps, get them updated by the way.
Third, operate ?preview for developers?, and it will ask your Microsoft account. Notice that it is MICROSIFT ACCOUNT not developer account, use the account that used for your windows phone to unlock it. After that, you're ready to go:devil:!
Finally, go to Settings, Phone Update, check updates, and you shall get the latest version(8.10.14157.200)in your phone.

PS: This method worked in my Lumia 920 at Os 8.10.12393.890 version. I'm not sure if it can be applied to other WP models.

Good Luck :wink:
QQ??20140914224958.jpg

Aresjr21

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I don't think this is the remedy to the problem you think it may be. The problem isn't getting to the WP8.1 update, it is getting the update while using the DP8.1 update installed on certain Lumia devices. Did you mean for this to be an update for those with Lumia devices awaiting the Cyan update to 8.1 without DP or to other handsets such as HTC 8XT, etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium