Windows 8 Store scam apps

Jonodw

May 28, 2014
Visit site
How do we convince Microsoft to clean up the Windows Store?
This is a good video showing the scam apps being sold in the store: Windows 8.1 Microsoft store scam alert please share - YouTube

I never browse the store to find new apps since there is too much rubbish to filter out. I use sites like this to find out about new interesting apps, but what about the casual user who doesn't read tech sites? How are they supposed to find the *good* apps in the store?

Where do we give Microsoft feedback on this?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft is allegedly cleaning up the store.

You can report each app from right within the Windows Store by reporting a concern to Microsoft.

Or leaving a review.

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
There was an article posted about a week ago about MS cleaning house in the store. You can probably find it if you search the site for "Microsoft, scam, store"

What makes these scam apps? The fact there are 976 of them? Go check out the other OS stores... Apple probably has 200 categories/subcategories in their App store. With their boasted 1 million apps, that puts an average of 5,000 in each subcategory. I'm sure there's a bit of wastebin fodder there.

As for finding the good stuff in the WP store, apps with more and higher ratings are posted at the top of the list. This is unlike the Apple and Google stores where apps with the most downloads (they don't track subsequent uninstalls) get listed at the top.

You can provide feedback to Microsoft here: Feature Suggestions: Marketplace (1204 ideas) – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone

Suggestions with more votes get more attention, so you might search for a previously posted item that agrees with you, vote for it, and add your comment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077