New Folder Under Albums

i_Neel

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello Guys,
1 .

I have Lumia Cyan installed on my device. I am trying to create a folder under albums(by connecting Mobile to PC) under pictures folder.

The folder is getting created under Pictures but not able to see the same under albums. I can see it from file explorer.

I want to know how can we make it accessible under albums.

Another thing I would like to know is, I am transferring music and videos to the respective folders on SD card from PC to and I am able to see it under the Music and videos folders from PC. But when I open the Storage sense app on my phone, I cannot see the the files under music and Video sections, instead it's showing it under Others.

any specific reason

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
You sort of lost me.

I'm seeing Albums and Picture folders in your description but I have no idea how they're related to one another. Can you clarify?

For your second point, are you checking while the phone is still attached to the PC?

Last edited:

i_Neel

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

When I say pictures, it is about creating a folder in pictures folder when the Mobile is connected to PC.

And My problem is I am not able to see the newly created folder in albums while checking it from phone.

2. No, I am checking it from phone only via "Storage Sense" app

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

When I say pictures, it is about creating a folder in pictures folder when the Mobile is connected to PC.

And My problem is I am not able to see the newly created folder in albums while checking it from phone.

Are there actually pictures in that newly created folder? It won't show up in your pictures hub unless it holds at least one image.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

As dKp1977 stated you need to have one picture in the folder to see it in the albums area. Make sure you disconnect your device after moving pictures to check as the phone doesn't updated until it's disconnected from the USB port. At least that's the way it worked with WP8 for me.

My point was the phone doesn't update until you disconnect from the USB port. Have you set your SD card as the source of your music and pictures?

i_Neel

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
hello DKP,

Yes, There is a folder with lot of images.

Background : until WP 8 whatapp used to store the media files in whatsapp folder under Albums, Post 8.1 it;s starting saving files to a folder named "Other" under albums. I was able to see both the folders.

recently I changed my memory card and moved all folders from Pictures from old memory card(From PC, I first copied all the files from pictures to computer then moved to new SD) to Pictures folder of New SD card.

Now I can see the Whatsapp folder in pictures from PC but when I browse to albums from phone, I can not see it.

i_Neel

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
My point was the phone doesn't update until you disconnect from the USB port. Have you set your SD card as the source of your music and pictures?

Yes, I checked after disconnecting it from USB port and Yes, SD card is source of Music and Videos.

Note : I am able to see pictures under Pictures folder in storage sense, no issue with that

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Now I can see the Whatsapp folder in pictures from PC but when I browse to albums from phone, I can not see it.

Is the Whatsapp folder from Whatsapp or did you move it there from your previous SD Card?

Did you try naming the folder something different instead of Whatsapp?

i_Neel

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Is the Whatsapp folder from Whatsapp or did you move it there from your previous SD Card?

Did you try naming the folder something different instead of Whatsapp?

Yes, It was from Whatsapp, yes I moved it from my previous SD card. No I have not tried it naming something different. Will give a try and will let you know.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Another thing you could try is connecting your device to your computer, backup all the pictures, music and whatever else you've put on the sd card, disconnect the device again and format the sd card using storage sense. Then connect the device again and copy over the recently backuped files.

i_Neel

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Renaming worked for me. Actually i renamed it from phone itself.

But wanted to know why it was not syncing folder with name as WhatsApp

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro