Data Sense on ATT WP8

Plimbob

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Is the Data Sense app available to WP8 users on ATT, I haven't been able to find it? If not is there a way to see what functions are using data on 920 ATT WP8.

My data usage seems to be way too high for what I am doing which is very stripped down, running 2 email addresses, using text and calls and no apps. I also use Wifi when available. When I was running my 900 on 7.8 I used 60% less data running more activities?

When compared to other family members using iPhone 5 utilizing multiple apps my 920 running WP8 is using 2.5x the data they are?

I need something so I can see what is using the data on this phone!

Thanks for any input.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Its in Cyan. ATT didn't remove it from Cyan.

I can't even remember if you can get Data Sense in the Dev Preview or not... Seems like I had it before I installed Cyan. I had 8.1 with Black firmware prior.

Edit: Pretty sure Cyan + 8.1 is officially available for the 920 on AT&T, why haven't you installed it yet?

Plimbob

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Blacklac - I have hesitated to install Cyan because I have been reading in the 920 forum that people have been having issues with it? I was going to wait a bit until things smoothed out?

So the Data Sense is in the ATT Cyan release?

Its in Cyan. ATT didn't remove it from Cyan.

I can't even remember if you can get Data Sense in the Dev Preview or not... Seems like I had it before I installed Cyan. I had 8.1 with Black firmware prior.

Edit: Pretty sure Cyan + 8.1 is officially available for the 920 on AT&T, why haven't you installed it yet?

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I have a 1520 and 1020, they both have Data Sense after the official AT&T update. Oh, my mom has a 520 with Cyan and has Data Sense, too.

Yeah, bugs are hit or miss. Ive been lucky, all 3 devices are fine after updating.

Plimbob

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Maybe I will update it tomorrow and see what happens.

Any thoughts on why this phone is using so much more data than these iphones in the family and the 900 that I used prior. Like I said I have stripped everything off except 2 email boxes to see what the impact is. Based on my usage over the first 5 days of this new period I will use 3.2 Gigs in the month doing nothing but checking email and text, phone calls.

I have seen people say they did a hard reset - wonder if that would make a difference?

Thanks for your input - much appreciated

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa