How to Stop Music when using HERE Drive in the Car via Bluetooth

VICOGameStudio

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
This app allows you to listen to Navigation instructions without having music playing at the same time.
Link to the Nav Voice Only app: Nav Voice Only | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

We created the app to solve the issue of having to listen to music while using the Navigation App, this becomes very frustrating especially when using the sound system in our car via Bluetooth to better hear the Navigation Voice.

Another feature of this app is the ability to quickly turn off all music with one press.

Nav Voice Only is currently free, until 9/22, without ads. We would appreciate it if you could leave a review if you download it.

We also put together a video to show you how Nav Voice Only works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm3wxfZj1GU

If you have any questions or comments, I'll be happy to answer them.
Thank you.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I guess its a good idea for someone who needs it. My car's infotainment system already pauses music when Here directions are read. I was very pleased and surprised that it didn't just mute the music. I think Here needs to have an option to add a short fixed length silence to the start of directions because I miss about half of the first syllable for some directions, I assume due to the time it takes the system to actually do the pause.

VICOGameStudio

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I guess its a good idea for someone who needs it. My car's infotainment system already pauses music when Here directions are read. I was very pleased and surprised that it didn't just mute the music. I think Here needs to have an option to add a short fixed length silence to the start of directions because I miss about half of the first syllable for some directions, I assume due to the time it takes the system to actually do the pause.
Right, exactly. But I found myself wanting to drive in peace and quiet but then I could not here the Navigation Voice. Because of that this app got put together.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
You got me thinking. I have never wanted to drive in silence so decided to see how that would work with Here Drive, phone calls, texts, etc..

At first I didn't see a way to turn sound off at all other than turning the volume down to zero or pausing whatever was playing. The car automatically plays whatever it was when it was last shut off. But then I found an "off" icon that I had never tried which wasn't even on the LCD screen. But it did turn off the playback sound from phone/radio/satellite/USB/SD. So I pressed the new found "off" button and then fired up Here Drive and also asked someone to call me and text me. With the music sound off, I still got proper volume sound for calls, Here Drive directions and texts being read to me. I didn't play around to figure out what controlled the volume of the directions, calls, texts, etc. but I suspect its the volume controls which would have been at their normal settings.

One reason I posted this is to make sure you knew the app wouldn't be needed with some cars when you were estimating potential customers. This was a 1 year old Cadillac (ATS Turbo 6M) but I suspect all GMs share a common infotainment design.

VICOGameStudio

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Ah, that's very interesting. I looked everywhere in my car, which is older, and found nothing like that. But like you said, the off button was tricky to find and this app can make it easier by not making the user look for and change any car settings.
Thank you for posting.

VICOGameStudio

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Quick update on the Nav Voice Only app:
It is now $0.99, as previously noted the free promo has ended but the price is reduced to $0.99 cents.

Also, anyone who did download the Nav Voice Only app: please help us out by leaving a review in the Store. Thank you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb