Disturbing Camera Tests

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: Disturbing Camera Teats

Not sure if this should be here or on the icon thread.

I saw a Mashable article, today, testing out point and shoot on the iPhone 6 against other cameras including the icon.

To say the least, the icon photos were brutal. I don't have any of the latest phones, so my question is "are the new cameras really this bad?".

Apple iPhone 6: Is It the Best Point-and-Shoot?

im no expert on the icon/930 camera performance but something seems wrong,i think they didnt use proper settings(auto flash) or something
even my 720 takes better photos than the ones in the link

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

Not sure if this should be here or on the icon thread.

I saw a Mashable article, today, testing out point and shoot on the iPhone 6 against other cameras including the icon.

To say the least, the icon photos were brutal. I don't have any of the latest phones, so my question is "are the new cameras really this bad?".

http://www.mashable.com/2014/09/20/...er-All-Partial&utm_medium=feed&utm_source=rss

No, they are not, Lumia 920/925's cameras are a lot better than iPhone 5/5s in almost every aspect, no way Lumia icons camera could be that bad. Also iPhone 6/6+ has the same 8mp camera, Lumia icon has 20 mp with better low light photography

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site

Yea, just look at the pics. Some taken on different days, angles are different, etc. Honestly, you shouldn't ha e even linked to that article, cause all its doing is getting that site some hits. Wait till Michael Fisher on Pocketnow to do the camera tests. Imo, he is great doing those things.

OwenDL

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm a huge fan of my Icon's camera abilities, and I can sure with confidence that they're doing something wrong. They need to change some settings. There's no possible way the 'Action' Icon picture turned out that bad due to hardware. That's user error.

I don't doubt that there's some bias going on here..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven