Lagging tiles

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else noticing tiles showing up blank for a second or two when you scroll since the 8.1 update? This happens all the time on my 920 and I assumed it was because it was an underpowered two year old phone, but my friend with a 1520 is telling me he is experiencing the same issue. Sometimes feel like it ruins the great OS experience.

broughshane

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The only app I have which does this on my 930 is analogy clock tile, it will do this a lot or the odd run me. ( yes I know about the 2 weeks and it will close ) happens more often than every 2 weeks. What gets on my wick the most about Cyan with update 1 is it shipped with a scrolling bug reported by Brandon Paddock of Tweetium.

EasilyTheBest

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I had this with a brand new Lumia 630. A friends 630 didn't seem to have this problem at all, we concluded that it was the sd card that I had all my photos and apps on.
Since upgrading to a Lumia 1520 but with the same sd card but reformatted I have never had this problem since.
By the way, the Lumia 1520 is simply amazing...

vishj05

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes I am having this on 720 after Cyan update.At times I get resuming screen also while returning to Start screen...

Is there any way we can log bugs to MS?

mikewarner

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed in the last couple of weeks. Certainly flicking down my screen I see cobalt (my accent colour) tiles for a few seconds then they morph into the proper tiles they should be. I have 8.1 update only with Lumia Black (and had the 0x80188308 error but not now and can't get update to Cyan) all on a Lumia 920 and into Developer Preview. The lag is noticeable where it wasn't there previously.

There does appear an increasing number of issues appearing on the latest versions of WP8. For me I've had: 0x80188308 error; back-up error; no update to Cyan available; very noticeable lagging of tiles; unforced re-starts of the phone have started happening.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed in the last couple of weeks. Certainly flicking down my screen I see cobalt (my accent colour) tiles for a few seconds then they morph into the proper tiles they should be. I have 8.1 update only with Lumia Black (and had the 0x80188308 error but not now and can't get update to Cyan) all on a Lumia 920 and into Developer Preview. The lag is noticeable where it wasn't there previously.

There does appear an increasing number of issues appearing on the latest versions of WP8. For me I've had: 0x80188308 error; back-up error; no update to Cyan available; very noticeable lagging of tiles; unforced re-starts of the phone have started happening.

All the same. Feel as if 8.1 brought more to the table at the expense of stability.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss