Why is my other storage growing all over again?

Antonio Muriyadan

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
why is my other storage growing all over again?

I have a 520 that's been on dev preview since april(I recently got the cyan update) Initially it seemed as though the other storage had been deadly with. It would show 0mb in other and the temporary files would show around 400mb most of which would clear when I hit delete. Now since maybe the last two weeks my temporary files show 0mb and the other keeps increasing in excess of 600mb. Deleting temporary files does free some space but there's always around 450mb that'll be stuck in other.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: why is my other storage growing all over again?

I have a 520 that's been on dev preview since april(I recently got the cyan update) Initially it seemed as though the other storage had been deadly with. It would show 0mb in other and the temporary files would show around 400mb most of which would clear when I hit delete. Now since maybe the last two weeks my temporary files show 0mb and the other keeps increasing in excess of 600mb. Deleting temporary files does free some space but there's always around 450mb that'll be stuck in other.
Make sure you are using storage sense. Storage check is outdated now. Also you can now use the files app to access the files in the phone. Try checking there

AmGaD-SaLaH

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site

I own lumia 1320 i've the same problem
others 320mb and the system 3.9gb
that's bad
i hope they found fix
try using storage checker it did work for me dropped the size to 95mb

Antonio Muriyadan

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site

Using storage sense.
The files app is a joke. Other than the downloads folder you can access all the other files from outside. I'll admit it makes sharing easier. But most apps still have their own storage which is invisible to the files app. It was a big deal when I downloaded it. Everybody asked for it. And initially it was fine. But I expected some improvements, an update of some sort.
The other storage I'm told is mostly app data and temporary files along with the set ups of apps that you download from the store.
On Android such files are easily managed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos