HTC M8 camera vs Nokia Lumia camera

greyskytheory

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I recently purchased the HTC M8 for windows and quickly found the camera to be lackluster in every way. I thought of returning it for the Lumia Icon but the Verizon rep at the store owned the icon and said the sensors and optics in the M8 are superior to the components in the Icon. I don't think this is true. Can anyone shed light on this? Also, I still may switch my phone and get the icon..anyine have any issues running 8.1 on the icon with dev preview?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Go back to the store and take some shots of the same thing with the M8 and their Icon. Use flash and not flash. Auto everything. Manual settings. Compare the pics right there and decide for yourself. If possible, get the same Rep to help you and show them the results. It's hard to say how accurate benchmarks and stat sheets translate to real world use and subjective tastes.

Also, many advances coming in Denim revolve around the camera and its abilities as well.

I do know that the 5MP front cam on One M8 is probably one of the most powerful selfie lenses out there, but I have a feeling you are only interested in the back camera.

Here's a still photo comparison (only ambient light - no flash though)

Here is a video comparison

greyskytheory

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I ultimately decided today to switch out my M8 for the Icon. I'm happy so far and just need to put the 8.1 dev preview on it and all should be well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett