Hi,

The main reason for me waiting on the Cyan update on my Lumia 920 Developer Preview is so battery life improves as I'm only getting roughly 9-10 hrs on moderate usage which includes an hour on Netflix, few hours on web browsing and all email accounts synchronized to hourly notifications.

Anyone who has received the Cyan update could you kindly tell us what battery life is like after the update

Thanks in advance

๐Ÿ˜Š
    09-28-2014 05:57 AM
    for me, it looks to have nearly doubled, and i cant quite believe that myself, but am at circa 50% last thing at night, whereas before i was very low in battery saver mode, sometimes needing to charge - but i have only had it a few days, and perhaps i haven't been on it as much, but at the very least, there is a marked change for the better here - very welcome after quite frankly shoddy runtimes!
    shoaib shah likes this.
    09-28-2014 06:04 AM
    for me, it looks to have nearly doubled, and i cant quite believe that myself, but am at circa 50% last thing at night, whereas before i was very low in battery saver mode, sometimes needing to charge - but i have only had it a few days, and perhaps i haven't been on it as much, but at the very least, there is a marked change for the better here - very welcome after quite frankly shoddy runtimes!
    Do you see any difference in battery drain when phone is idle mine was losing juice about 2% every hour at night without doing anything!
    09-28-2014 06:09 AM
    i haven't kept an eye out for that since cyan - i will now!

(i get the impression its more efficient though), and is therefore consuming less juice when idle, guesswork i know, but i think that's a contributing factor to the better runtime, it has to be doesn't it? better battery is surely aided by less idle drain?

Do you see any difference in battery drain when phone is idle mine was losing juice about 2% every hour at night without doing anything!
    shoaib shah likes this.
    09-28-2014 06:51 AM
    i haven't kept an eye out for that since cyan - i will now!

(i get the impression its more efficient though), and is therefore consuming less juice when idle, guesswork i know, but i think that's a contributing factor to the better runtime, it has to be doesn't it? better battery is surely aided by less idle drain?
    I hope so ๐Ÿ˜Š

Battery life is the only problem for me in what is otherwise a great phone I've had for the last year or so.
    09-28-2014 06:56 AM