Icon WiFi issues since 8.1

jschipmann

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
After the 8.1 update I noticed I kept having reception issues on my Lumia Icon (WiFi)

didn't pay much attention to the issues... but it kept nagging and nagging me until finally I blew up and had to do something about it lol

Since 8.1 my reception has gone way down, and I know about the whole signal picture Vs actual signal difference from 8 to 8.1, I am speaking of the actual dB values shown in my router confirming this. The Same spots that I have reduced or no WiFi signal my son's Lumia 920 has full signal on 8.1, and higher readings in my router.

So thinking this might be an issue with the router I said meh... why not and got and Asus RT-AC68U Wireless AC 1900. (previously a Buffalo N450)

Of course... same coverage issues but only with my phone lol, son has same results with his phone. However... my surface 3 is working wonderfully lmao it apparently loves AC. The laptop, the galaxy 10.1 pro, the xbox one, the xbox 360 all have improved a bit signal wise... but my phone still remains lacking.

Anyway I'm just interested in seeing if anyone else has seen similar issues. I wish Verizon would push out the official Cyan update already so I can see if something was going on there possibly.

EngDreams

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Having issues with the 930(Icon) for signal yes compared to other devices, but also with hidden Wi-Fi networks once added they will not stay connected or reconnect automatically when in range. I am on the new Cyan also and it has not fixed either of these issues.

jschipmann

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
well that sucks to hear :(

I tried for hours to specify channel, frequency, standard etc etc... and could not get any better reception.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb