Calendar tile got stuck

streifenleopard

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi my live calendars work perfect but as of the day before yesterday, the live tile does not update. It still shows wed Oct 1st. The actual calendar displays today correctly as Oct 3rd. How can I fix this?

Marc_SP

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't quite understand the difference between the soft reset and a simple restart...

Maybe it is like Windows 8 (desktop) "fast startup"? When shuting down Windows it will save a file with a copy of the kernel memory, or something like that, so when booting up it just needs to read that one file instead of dozens of smaller files, such as drivers. When you ask windows to "restart" instead of shutting down and later boot, it will not do that and will boot fresh (and a little slower).

First thing I do in any W8 system is disable this feature. I prefer to make sure every boot is a fresh one. I think if your storage is a SSD it will be disabled, as SDD are so fast that this sytem would not make the boot process any faster, and shut downs would be a little slower.

Phones use solid memory storage but of a kind much slower than PCs. Maybe they decided to use the "fast startup" in phones to improve booting time?

Fast Startup mode makes Windows 8 boot faster

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb