Can you use your AT&T Lumia 1020 on T-Mobile?

metsfan421

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I have a Lumia 1520 and a 1020. The sim cards are different sizes which makes it impossible for me according to AT&T to switch the sims and use both phones on the same number. To add the 1020 back and give it a number with a 1GB data plan is 50.00. I thought I saw something a few weeks back that a court ruled that you can use any phone on any carrier. I may be wrong, but is it possible to now take my 1020 to T-Mobile and activate the phone on their network? I was told by AT+T that even if they gave me a new SIM, I could not have the sim programmed to work with my same phone number on both sims, one sim would be de-activated if I added a new sim to get the 1020 working again. I want this functionality because there are certain times where I would like to carry the 1020 for the better camera quality. Hope I explained this right, I appreciate your feedback.

Munter2

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
What AT&T told you is correct. The way the GSM system is set up in the US you can only have one SIM card assigned to a phone number. It won't be any different on T-Mobile, but the phone will work if it's unlocked. If your phone is locked to AT&T, you can always use Cricket or H20 Wireless and it will work without an unlock as they are on the AT&T network. Also, there are adapters to make different size SIM cards fit a phone. If you have the nano SIM for the 1520, just get a micro card adapter for when you use it in the 1020.

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Yup, go the adapter route, in my opinion. I have a 1520 and use a 635 for running. I bought an adapter set on eBay for $1. Just a small plastic piece to go from nano to micro when I need to switch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte