Animation smoothness after update to Cyan on Lumia 920

Przemek Burczyk

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Today, I've received Lumia Cyan update on my 920 phone. After the update the phone works much slower. Scrolling animation of the start screen (and apps list) now looks horrible, it has much less fps and is not as smooth as before. There is also visible screen tearing effect when scrolling. Do you have this problem also?

enomam

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I have the exact same issue (I'm on the dev preview).
Issue persists after a soft reset, and do not want to do a hard reset (if every PC problem was solved with a "format, re-install", the world would be up in arms !).
I've posted something on the Microsoft forums too : here

dezzilakk

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I have the exact same issue (I'm on the dev preview).
Issue persists after a soft reset, and do not want to do a hard reset (if every PC problem was solved with a "format, re-install", the world would be up in arms !).
I've posted something on the Microsoft forums too : here

And classic response from MS:

Because of that, there isn't an easy fix. It's possible that the phone is running into performance issues caused by background apps. Please make sure you don't have any apps running in the background and uninstall any possible apps that could be related. Apps like Live Lock Screen BETA are example that could cause odd performance issues. Soft resetting after doing that is also needed. Hold down the Volume Down + Power buttons for 15 seconds until the device vibrates and reboots.
If the problem remains, a hard reset of the device would be needed. If the problem still remains, the Nokia Software Recovery Tool is the next step. The software will flash the latest build of the OS and firmware to the phone to hopefully fix any possible invalid data that could be causing this.
The last step would be to contact the manufacturer of the phone in order to get hardware support since after the previous steps it most likely would be a problem that only they would be able investigate properly. In this case, Nokia would be the one to contact.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon