Is there a way to downgrade to wp 8.0 from dp 8.1 WITHOUT Nokia software recovery tool?

Jonathan Dotson

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I just purchased a new Lumia Icon a 2 days ago and need to take it back because the search button keeps activating on it's own constantly (even if the phone is sitting on a table). I don't think Verizon will take it back with 8.1 on it so I need to load 8.0 but the Nokia tool is not working right now.

You can refer to this post for more info on the issue with the Nokia tool forums.wpcentral-dot-com/nokia-applications/314677-nokia-software-recovery-tool-wont-load.html#post2797517

Please help! I only have 12 days left to take it back to exchange it I think.

This is the first Windows phone I've ever had btw (I came from iPhone).

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I just purchased a new Lumia Icon a 2 days ago and need to take it back because the search button keeps activating on it's own constantly (even if the phone is sitting on a table). I don't think Verizon will take it back with 8.1 on it so I need to load 8.0 but the Nokia tool is not working right now.

You can refer to this post for more info on the issue with the Nokia tool forums.wpcentral-dot-com/nokia-applications/314677-nokia-software-recovery-tool-wont-load.html#post2797517

Please help! I only have 12 days left to take it back to exchange it I think.

This is the first Windows phone I've ever had btw (I came from iPhone).

First things first. Just because you have DP on doesnt necessarily mean that your warranty is void..
In any case if you want to take it back without that added risk NSRT is the way to do.. about the way to do it..... Well chk PM and you will have to the hard yards on your own pal.
YMMV

EngDreams

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Take it to a Microsoft store, from my experience they will just replace it there and then at no cost, especially as this is a brand new phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786