XBOX Music and Random Play

greyskytheory

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I posted this in the "get help find" help forum with zero help so I figured I would try here. Does anyone have any problems with Xbox music playing albums out of order? For some reason, when I copy an album to the music folder then play it back on my phone Xbox music plays everything out of sequence. I know the music is in order when I place it on the phone. I'm using a Lumia icon with 8.1 dev preview.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Are all the tags for the songs correct? I can't see any reason outside of this for being the cause to your problem.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Have a look for a symbol that looks like two snakes and see if it is highlighted, if so you have shuffle turned on, touch the symbol to make it go shaded and shuffle will be off.

Bob

greyskytheory

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Shuffle is off and the music is in order in all of the folders. Iput the same files on my Zune HD and they're all in the proper order. I thought it might be a bug caused by running 8.1 dev preview. Maybe not.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Shuffle is off and the music is in order in all of the folders. Iput the same files on my Zune HD and they're all in the proper order. I thought it might be a bug caused by running 8.1 dev preview. Maybe not.

Zune doesn't work with WP8...

Have you tried looking at the tags in Windows Media Player and using the 'Get album info' option? I had issues similar to yours and found that my tags were a mess.

greyskytheory

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
The Zune HD is a totally separate music player. I'm saying that I put the exact same file on my icon and Zune and they only are out of order on my phone. I will try checking the tags again, maybe Xbox music is messing something up. This seems to be a problem only I am having. Thanks for all of the help and suggestions.

engineblock

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I am having similar issue with xbox music. Too frustrating there is no alternative, anyone found fix for it ? Shuffle is turned off and still it does not follow the order of file name and plays random songs

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos