Update to Cyan from Developers Preview without the hard resetting

I am AGS

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft still hasn't launched the Cyan Update for all lumia 8.1 Preview for Developers users. I saw and read people posting "You have to hard reset your your phone to 8.0 and then update to 8.1 cyan,if you want the Cyan update". You don't have to go for all that trouble. Just follow these steps to update to Cyan without hard resetting your phone:

1. Go and open the 'Preview for Developers' app from your phone.
wp_ss_20141007_0001.png

2. Unmark the 'Enable Preview for Developers' option and press 'done'.
wp_ss_20141007_0002.png
wp_ss_20141007_0003.png

3. You will see this.
wp_ss_20141007_0004.png
Press 'done'.

4. Now go to Settings>Phone Update>Check for Updates. You will notified about the Cyan update and can download it.
Note: You need atleast 1GB of free memory in internal storage

That's it! Enjoy Cyan! :winktongue:

If you found this article helpful and working for you,please leave a positive reply and rate it.

keerthi vasan

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
MS has started rolling out cyan for many users now. You must have tried this when cyan was available to your device. If this was true I should have got a notification for cyan update last month as I did opt out of PFD then

I am AGS

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
MS has started rolling out cyan for many users now. You must have tried this when cyan was available to your device. If this was true I should have got a notification for cyan update last month as I did opt out of PFD then

I updated to Cyan using this method 16 days ago

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills