8.1 on a Lumia 521

werner6769

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
So got a 521 yesterday and immediately upgraded to 8.1 dev preview after the gdr2 and 3 installed.
All I have to say is ... WOW! Except for a few stutters here and there, it still buttery smooth and all the extra features really make it more useful and powerful.

After the initial upgrade the battery was getting chewed up like 15 - 20% per hour. I think it was because all the apps were upgrading and the system was setting up. I'm getting about a 2.5% per hour battery drain at the moment which is good. I have turned off some unnecessary background tasks including Cortana for now. For such a low end device, I was expecting more of a performance hit but so far so good. I'll see how it goes for the next week.

werner6769

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
do you know when the lumia 521 for metro pcs is getting the cyan upgrade?

No idea. Have you asked them? I got the standard you'll get notified of the upgrade on the phone itself. I'm pretty much certain that on my carrier wind in Canada, no windows phone will get the official upgrade. I could be wrong of course. They removed all there stock of WP's and replaced them with androids. Maybe they are planning a new line, but I doubt it. Heck they even got rid of there one Blackberry.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos