Who uses "Quiet Hours"?

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I have quiet hours set to automatically go every night. I think it is definitely one of the killer features of 8.1.

petrosk73

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I don't think you can. It is tied in with Cortana for some inexplainable reason, and if Cortana is unavailable in your country then you don't have the Quite Hours feature.
That's true! The only way to use it is by changing your region so that Cortana is available.

Annie UK

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
It's the first thing I turned on when getting Cortana, brilliant feature, I used to have to mute the sound every night then remember to unmute in the morning, now it is automatic.

Ploydd

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Likewise, my wife and I use it every evening so we can get a restful night's sleep and then not have to worry about manually switching to vibrate every day. Great feature that often gets overlooked when reviewers are speaking about Cortana.

Long Syntax

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
My wife and I both use Quiet Hours on our phones every night and both have our inner circles set for important / emergency scenarios.

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Best feature ever! I cannot count the times I forgot to turn off my phone when I was in a meeting. Now that is no longer needed. No calls in the middle of the night from someone across the globe who didn't think about time zones anymore. Hand down the best feature of WP

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Is Quiet Hours available on Lumia 525? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Yes. You need to have version 8.1 of OS(for Cortana Beta). If you already have 8.1 then you need to change some settings to get Cortana. Please refer articles about settign up Cortana from WPCentral. Just to let you know, Quiet Hours is integrated with Cortana, so unless you set up Cortana, you won't find it :)

RichardBurt

Banned
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
It's about the only part of Cortana that I regularly use.

If MS released "Quiet Hours" as a separate app then I could quite happily live without Cortana.

Meredith43

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Every time my calendar is marked BUSY, Quiet Hours is on. The Knock knock feature is always enabled, so if there is an emergency folks can break through. I love quiet hours, and I'm spoiled now by not having to think to put my phone on silent!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo