YouTube official WP app

wpcontinue

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
So are we ever going to see an official WP app from Google or not? Also what happened to the official Facebook app from FACEBOOK?

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
If the Windows Phone ever manages a larger section of the overall smartphone market share, then Google will only be shooting themselves in the foot to not release full featured apps for Windows Phone. I don't know what that magic number is, people often talk of 10% share. It won't come easy, as Google has been openly adversarial to Windows Phone for it's entire history.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I agree with jmshub. It's more of a strategic move by Google to restrict Google apps on Windows Phone in order for Android to maintain it's large lead in market share. When/if the market share rising to a certain point, Google will likely not want to miss out on the advertising revenue that would be generated by WP users.
As far as Facebook is concerned, the current app by Microsoft is a joint effort between Microsoft and Facebook. Facebook makes the app for Windows 8 (tablets) and with Windows 10 on the way, Facebook will likely be able to publish their Windows 8 app to use for phones as well.

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Do like I did. Get away from anything Google. I never use or visit YouTube. I go to Vimeo or Daily Motion. Both of which have official WP apps.

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
That's not really realistic. There are many tech reviewers and shows I subscribe on YouTube that are not on Vimeo

fadi dababneh1

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
the only way that your gonna get an official youtube app for windows phone is to download the old one that google has pulled out and luck for you there is a way here you go:

So here is the tutorial of how to download the official youtube app that was pulled by Google :
1-First of all you need to download :
(a) Windows phone SDK 8.1 there is a full version of it on microsoft site it offers you all the apps but we dont need all the apps so there is a lite version for the Windows phone SDK 8.1 which contains the apps needed you can download it HERE this is for windows phones with wp8.1
2- Now we need to have a developer account these are the steps to turn your account to a developer account :
(A) Register as a developer with App Studio it is free (Windows App Studio - Create free apps for Windows Phone, Surface tablets and PCs | Microsoft) we register by clicking the start new project.
(B) Sign-in with the same Microsoft account that is registered on the Windows Phone
(C)Agree to the access request
(D) Agree to the Windows Phone App Studio Agreement.
(E)Click Register
(F) you should be prompted with a request to select a template for your first application
(G) Press empty app and then click create
(H) Press the finish button then click generate and then they would ask you what do u want to generate you just leave it as it is and just press generate and wait till the process is over
When everything is over you now have a developer account

3- now extract the file WP8.1 SDK Tools Lite Setup Av1.00 to a folder and install it by opening InstallWP81SDKToolsLite.bat and let it install

4-now when the installation is over open windows phone developer registration and unlock your phone and press register make sure that your phone is not locked because it will not work . it will ask you to sign in so you used sign in with the email that you developer unlocked which should be the same email that you use on your phone. now you have a developer unlocked phone VERY IMPORTANT THAT DURING THIS PROCESS MAKE SURE THAT YOUR PHONE IS CONNECTED TO A WIFI NETWORK

5- now that you have a developer unlocked phone you can side load apps but you can only side load 2 apps by 2 apps i mean if you side load 2 app to your phone you cant side load anymore apps but when you uninstall one of the side loaded apps you can side load another app.

6- now download the youtube app HERE but make sure to donwload the nointrope (Youtube_NoInterop.xap ) version

7-now open windows phone application deployment and click browse and chose the youtube xap app you just downloaded make sure the target is set to device and click deploy

Here you go guys now you would have the youtube app on your phone . Have a wonderful time with it and feel free to ask me any questions.
Have a great day :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss