Need to fire up the WP base and start contacting Microsoft and Verizon to ensure support for Lumia

Aaron Yawn

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey all -

So as many know the ICON has been retired (yes it is confirmed spent many hours on phone with Verizon last night) and there is no answer to getting Firmware updates to include Cyan for the ICON. If readers here can take a moment to file complaints with MS, Verizon and the FCC we may be able to initiate some change and ensure that devices less than 2 yrs old get proper support from not just manufacture but also Telecoms.

Who's willing to help in this endeavor?

I will be sending the FCC a complaint today and have already spoken with both Verizon and MS.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I think all we have to do is ask Microsoft to include lumia firmware in the developers preview program, so we can all avoid contact with scam-telecom companies in the future, they own the lumia brand, they can make it happen, and spare us from this headache

here: https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/.../6394051-developer-preview-firmware-for-lumia

if we all vote for this suggestion I think we've got a chance at the very least

Last edited:

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft has a big dog in this fight.

They just spent a boatload of dollars to buy Nokia (phones), and now carriers like Verizon and T-Mobile are damaging that business. Going forward people won't buy phones that are unsupported or poorly supported (this includes firmware/OS updates), and will eventually destroy the WP ecosystem.

MS must either force the issue with the carriers or assume responsibility for these updates. The Nokia Repair software makes this very possible - if the carriers won't do it then let consumers manage the updates or do them in a Microsoft Store.

Put on your big boy pants, MS -- it's your business. . .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos