Voicemail Ringtone

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Since Windows Phone 8.1, my voicemail alert is the same as my incoming call ringtone.
I, quite, don't like that.
I don't remember what it was, in 8.0, but it wasn't that.
I'm guessing that it changed with the Action Center addition.
Is there a way to turn off the voicemail ringtone (or change it)?
JJ

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. On my 1520, I have both choices in settings. I wish I could have helped you more.
Just making sure though...whenever I go into settings, I have a "Ringtones and Sounds" section and a "Notifications and Actions" section. The only way that I can change my ringtone is to go into the "Ringtones and Sounds" section. Voicemail notifications are changed in the "Notifications and Actions" section in the sub-section labeled "Phone". At lest that's how mine works....maybe mine is malfunctioning. ha ha

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply.
I don't have a separate voicemail notification option, though.
It's just the phone ringtone.
JJ

Go to the 'Ringtones + sounds' section in settings and set your desired phone ringtone. Then go to 'notifications + actions' section and click 'phone' and select your desired notification sound for voicemail alerts.

It's confusing because you think you're selecting a phone ringtone for the same thing but in 2 different places. I was the same

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
uryte2as.png
There is a phone ringtone, but nothing that says voicemail.
JJ

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah that's right (that's the confusing part) that IS the voicemail tone in your screenshot. Your actual phone ringtone is selected in 'ringtones + sounds'

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans