HTC 8X Error -

sirhcman

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Good afternoon, I know this probably isn't the best way to make a first post but after doing about 5 - 6 hours of troubleshooting and not getting anywhere I figured I would sign up here to see if someone can help me with an issue I am having. I just picked up a used HTC 8X phone from ebay so that I could play some of the xbox tagged games on this windows phone (I like to achievement hunt). Anyway, I got the phone, powered it on, got my MS account setup and I went to the games app to download some games but every time I click the join or sign in button on the page I get the dreaded error code 805a0193. When I go to try to download a game like Cut the Rope or Temple Run 2 it gets to the download screen then displays the 805a0193 error.

I was able to download non xbox tagged games like Subway Surfers but anytime I try to download the XBOX Smart Glass app or a game that has the XBOX banner at the top (Hungry Shark Evolution for example) I get the 805a0193 error.

I went on windowsphone.com and my phone is recognized under my MS account. It even shows my xbox live gamer tag and all that too. Thinking maybe there was something wrong with my MS account I factory reset the phone and made a brand new MS ID but I am having the exact same problem. I can't download any of these items whether I am on WIFI or on the AT&T LTE network, I even tried the trick of manually setting your date and time on the phone and that made no difference. It is truly bizarre and has me stumped.

The phone OS is Windows 8.0.1, I don't have any of the other specs in front of me since the phone is at home and I am at work at the moment. I checked the phone to see if there were any OS updates that needed to be pushed to it and it says that it is up to date. Has anyone else ran into this? I did some searches on the error code and this phone specifically but could not really find a fix for the problem.

EDIT:
Model #HTC PM23300
OS Version: 8.0.10501.127

Here is a video showing the error (can't post links yet since I have less than 10 posts)
youtu.be/5m_AHE6bUrU

Any help is appreciated!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett