Access Gmail emails in mail app

radicalgel

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I have added my gmail account to my Lumia 1520 and synced mail and contacts. Basically the way gmail works is, if I send a mail to someone new, it stores the new email id in contacts under 'Other Contacts'. Now, the next time I compose a new mail, I just have to type the first few letters of this person email and google will auto complete it by referencing the 'other contacts'. This same behaviour translated over to my Nexus 4. Unfortunately now with the Lumia 1520, the mail app doesn't seem to be able to pull this info from gmail to access my email only contacts. Is there anyway to get this to work. To be more precise, if I send a mail to someone new today, using gmail in a browser on my desktop, I should be able to access this mail id on my lumia by just typing in the first few characters of the id.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I think the thing you need to understand is that the email client on WP is not a fully functioning email client for gMail. It is for Outlook however.

You could try one of the many gMail apps or Metromail and see if that does the job for you.

radicalgel

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey thank you for the quick response. I just tried metromail and it's great but there seems to be a huge bug. I'm unable to activate notifications for some weird reason. If I try to turn on live tile notifications it say please wait for a while then says error. Can you confim if you have the same issue. I;ve sent the developer a mail but no response.

CGA111

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey thank you for the quick response. I just tried metromail and it's great but there seems to be a huge bug. I'm unable to activate notifications for some weird reason. If I try to turn on live tile notifications it say please wait for a while then says error. Can you confim if you have the same issue. I;ve sent the developer a mail but no response.

I can confirm this, been having this issue since last update.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs