About to HULK SMASH Over Playlist Headache...

Jimboa30

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
So, I've had my windows phone for a few weeks now. It has Xbox Music as its default music player, and maddeningly, I can't create a custom playlist. Every time I try to create one, it makes a playlist using every single song in an album; I can't pick and choose what I want in a playlist. I can't even delete single songs in a playlist! It seems that if I want to make a playlist, I have to have an Xbox Music Pass, which is 10 bucks a month and SCREW THAT because why the hell should I have to pay a monthly fee just to create a playlist out of my own damn songs? So I went to the app store and downloaded something called "Amazing Music" and it's the same stupid problem.

WHY THE HELL CAN'T I EASILY MAKE PLAYLISTS LIKE I CAN ON EVERY OTHER DAMN PHONE I'VE EVER OWNED? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, MICROSOFT???

I've been beating my head against this brick wall for about two weeks now. Can ANYONE tell me how to create custom music playlists with songs of my own choosing without having to pay anything (good God, I can't believe they expect me to PAY just to do that...) or jump through a hundred flaming hoops? I'm about to rage-smash my phone because it's one of those stupid quirks that actually makes me angry every time I try to figure it out.

keerthi vasan

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I don't have a music pass and I have created multiple playlists in the app and I able to delete single or multiple songs from the playlist. Maybe you should first try telling us what version of the OS and the Xbox music app you use

Jimboa30

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Next time, please mention your OS. And also, the search button is awaiting you to pet it xP

Dude, I already saw that and it wasn't any help whatsoever. I already searched for solutions BEFORE I posted this. I'm not stupid. Trying to create a playlist using explorer doesn't work in the slightest.

It's a Windows 8.0 OS. I thought that was the default OS on all new phones...I have no idea which version of Xbox music is installed on here and it doesn't tell me. Every time I try to use a feature associated with Xbox music, it doesn't let me, claiming I have too many devices on my account, despite the fact that I've never used it in my life, don't have an account with Xbox music (and if I try to make one online I have to give my credit card info since it has a monthly fee).

Jimboa30

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Well it's not. It's Xbox music. Music IIRC isn't even installed on here - isn't IIRC an internet chat program anyways? And yes it's Windows PHONE 8.0. I figured that would be obvious considering the subject is a phone, not a computer.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
You'll need to either upgrade your phone to 8.1 (if its available for your model, which it should be unless you're on Verizon, sprint or Tmobile) or download the beta xbox music app. The stock 8.0 app is as you describe, lacking easy playlist creation/editing functionality. xbox music on 8.1 isn't that good but its better than the 8.0 version for playlists.

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Xbox Music was working fine but now my playlists on my 1520 are not syncing with my PC and Surface. When I create or modify a playlist on my PC it synchs with Surface but not with the phone. Anyone else having this problem or have a suggestion on how to fix this?

Jimboa30

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I have verizon, so upgrading to 8.1 isn't an option? Xbox music beta isn't in the app store, so i can't download it and the factory version keeps insisting that a) I have an account (which I don't) and b) I already have the maximum allowed devices for Xbox music. When I go to the Xbox Music page, first thing it says is "try it for 30 days for free," and surprise surprise, a quick google search reveals that Microsoft is eliminating the free version of Xbox Music. So basically...I have no choice but to subscribe to Xbox Music (which isn't free anymore) to make playlists?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans