New update for 8.1 GDR1 on Developer Preview

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Apparently there is a new update available.

Will keep posting screenshots and info.

wp_ss_20141023_0001.jpg

Edit 1. *here is the screenshot with the update notification, which I forgot to take ><*

Edit 2. Step 15 of 21... ><

Edit 3.
wp_ss_20141023_0002.jpg

Last edited:

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
On my phone I never get a notification that a update is available. I always have to go and check manually for the update when I read about it at Windows Central. Downloading and installing the update now. Currently on the spinning gears. I hope it contains some fixes for the lag present in WP8.1 GDR1.

ushodax

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
already updated my lumia 920.... nothing new but DAMN! that's a new level of overheating while updating.

UPDATE 1: HOLY SHI..... i just got a message and my phone is on vibrator... and if i'm not going crazy.... the vibration is different, more.... how can i say it... solid? before, the vibration was weird and the noise of the internals (probably the camera module (ois and sh*t...)) was notorious, but now it feels better D: ?

maybe i'm is just my imagination, idk.

Last edited:

Phrozty

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Mine got stuck on step 15 at 14%... died... came back and now it won't recognize my sdhx card. I tried putting the card in my comp and that won't recognize it either. Now I'm getting strange lockups where it won't even start up all they way, unless I take out my card... yay..

I have a 1520

PimpBot5001

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if the HTC 8S is being excluded from this update? I haven't received a notification for the update on my 8S...

Just solved my own problem. My developer preview app had been reset; once I opened it and answered all of the legal/consent type questions, I got a notification of the update.

Karffe

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Hello, do you have anyone the bug like me? I have issue with hardware buttons light, because this is very bad behavior in windows phone 8.1 developer preview what i have installed (latest version of wp8.1 and fully updated). I have HTC X8 and in my region it's still unsuported format of the OS therefore i have the developers version...

Please tell me someone who has the same model like me, do you have this behavior too?
This look like the buttons react to the lights, in system setting i try to working out but without final set up... I try to turn off the battery saver etc.

Please help me

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb