verizon vs att

surfacedude

May 24, 2013
Visit site
i'm thinking of changing carriers. currently on att, thinking of going to verizon but it seems like i see a lot of complaints from verizon subscribers about ver. not pushing windows phone updates. in terms of pushing updates in a timely manners, is verizon worse than att?

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Verizon pushed Amber fast (one of the first). Black- was late for 3months at least. Cyan- nobody has any idea will we even get it for 928,Icon. And ATTs 925 had it for a long time. Dont know how long will it take them to release Denim, Emerald(?) for future phones if they get any. So I would stay on ATT because Tmobile isn't better than Verizon.. I know it wasn't one of your option

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I would use tin cans and a string or move to another country before I would use a carrier that I had to get my phone from. Not saying I would never buy a phone from a carrier as long as it could be used on another carrier but I would never use a carrier that required phones come from them. Such absolute control corrupts absolutely. So AT&T is best between those two.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I would not use Verizon even if every call, text, or byte of data used on another carrier caused a yard of barbed wire to get forcibly yanked out of my behind.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
i'm thinking of changing carriers. currently on att, thinking of going to verizon but it seems like i see a lot of complaints from verizon subscribers about ver. not pushing windows phone updates. in terms of pushing updates in a timely manners, is verizon worse than att?
Do yourself a favor, STAY AWAY FROM VERIZON!!! They suck big time when it comes to Windows Phone support! Next week I'm getting the Lumia 830 with AT&T and never looking back!

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I hate our carriers in the States. Just sell me the service, not the phone, not accessories, just service. Think how much better it would be....

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I would not use Verizon even if every call, text, or byte of data used on another carrier caused a yard of barbed wire to get forcibly yanked out of my behind.
I have defended my usage of Verizon in the past by saying that their coverage is better where I live and that is still true. But every day I feel more and more like what you describe. Their pricing is God awful and when it comes to Windows Phone they just plain suck.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Nothing is as bad as a cdma carrier in general and Verizon in particular. Can't imagine a carrier gets to dictate what kind of phone I can choose from then to cap it off they refuse to release updates in a timely fashion. GSM ALWAYS gives you the option to use the device you want, though sometimes you might lose a feature here and there but at least its a phone YOU choose. Stay as far away from Verizon as you can, its just not worth the aggravation.

Signed, a Unicorn Lumina 1520 user on T-Mobile!

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Nothing is as bad as a cdma carrier in general and Verizon in particular. Can't imagine a carrier gets to dictate what kind of phone I can choose from then to cap it off they refuse to release updates in a timely fashion. GSM ALWAYS gives you the option to use the device you want, though sometimes you might lose a feature here and there but at least its a phone YOU choose. Stay as far away from Verizon as you can, its just not worth the aggravation.

Signed, a Unicorn Lumina 1520 user on T-Mobile!

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk
I'm seriously considering jumping ship when my contract is up. That's another hard lesson learned, stay out of 2 year contacts. I'll look at T-Mo but their coverage around here is a bit shaky. I may have to go to AT&T.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes