Lockscreen facts

BataBole

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Few months ago Microsoft published Live lockscreen beta app which is still beta and hasn't been updated since its release. Few days ago we got Tetra lockscreen app which is some sort of Live lockscreen beta app but its out of beta.

My opinion is next.

I think the idea is good but apps perform slow, by this I mean unlocking phone takes some longer period than usually which is annoying even if you have powerful Lumia 1520. Maybe it would work better if those apps were core apps.

I don't like the fact that Microsoft is publishing some new apps and haven't fixed the old ones. Why is Xbox music app unable to show artists on lock screen? Since now it was updated like 15 times and still didn't get that feature fixed. I would love to see they fix and improve that. Artist slideshow like on desktop app or Zune would be great to have on our lockscreen. Or something like this http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DyMAgd14_-w

What do you guys think about it?

herho

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Tried it and uninstalled it. I use awsome lock to get a more "live" lockscreen. I dont see the point with that particular "live lockscreen". Like. Lets turn the clock... Im lost ��

BataBole

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
You're right. It is pointless in kinda way. I also think they could merge those two apps in one. Is there really a need having two apps doing almost same thing?

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I don't like the fact that Microsoft is publishing some new apps and haven't fixed the old ones.

That would be a valid point if it was actually a Microsoft app. Microsoft Garage apps are apps that employees work on in their spare time. You can't expect them to work on the music app in their spare time.
As for the app: I really like it. Needs more functionality but it has great potential. The lag isn't so noticeable for me which is strange since my device isn't very highly powered (Lumia 625).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster