Why aren't I getting notifications for missed calls?

rscurtis1

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Notification Light Essential

Purchase of Samsung ATIV SE, love this phone except no notification light for missed calls, email, text. This is important, seeing it across the room. Must wake up to lock screen to see anything. Becoming aware now that notification light is generally not available on Windows Phones, does not appear to be hardware issue, unless I am misinformed. Current Verizon options are Lumia 928, HTC One M8 or HTC 8x. May have to exchange for Android, unless suggestions?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Notification Light Essential

Purchase of Samsung ATIV SE, love this phone except no notification light for missed calls, email, text. This is important, seeing it across the room. Must wake up to lock screen to see anything. Becoming aware now that notification light is generally not available on Windows Phones, does not appear to be hardware issue, unless I am misinformed. Current Verizon options are Lumia 928, HTC One M8 or HTC 8x. May have to exchange for Android, unless suggestions?

It IS a hardware-related function since if the phone does not have LED notification lights in the first place you wouldn't see such notification lights. For example, the Nokia (now Lumia) phones do not have LED notification lights, not even for charging, so we can't expect to see that function in those phones. But for the HTC One M8, you may have to check it out yourself since HTC phones, in general, have notification LED lights. I have seen an HTC One with notification lights, but that's for Android - not sure if these lights are still present in the Windows Phone version.

rscurtis1

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site

Thanks. Contemplated possibility that charge LED could double as indicator. Phone manufacturers: Consider some owners do not have them sitting on quiet desk, mine is on the shear in a loud steel plant. Back to store for me.

renjith p george

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site

It would be nice in glance screen supported phones,when a notification comes, Cortana ring will be popped up rotating with an animation instead of one led light.

aikidaves

May 21, 2014
Visit site

Support for notification lights is supposed to be added to Windows Phone 8.1 with Update 1 (GDR1). This is only accessible to OEMs, who must provide a firmware interface between their light and the OS. I think the HTC One M8 is the only current device running Windows Phone that has a light, and HTC hasn't yet provided firmware to support it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos