Will WP support Adobe flash?

Nokia625EU

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
no Adobe flash?

As you might of gathered I have the Nokia Lumia 625 (8.1) and I've noticed that windows phone 📱 still isn't supporting flash for high end websites! Will that be fixed?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: no Adobe flash?

HTML 5 is supported which means that flash is not required.

Not sure what 'high end' websites you're visiting but they're a bit behind the times. Maybe they should adopt HTML 5 instead of using a technology that went out of date 3 years ago for mobile devices.

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: no Adobe flash?

Adobe stopped Flash mobile development a couple of years ago. They discontinued Flash in Android since 4.1 (Jelly Bean). And it's never been supported in iOS or WP.

The problem now is that some flash enabled websites tag IE browsers, even IE 11 in WP8.1, and force them to use flash even when they have alternate code for other browsers or OSs. I use a handy little app called UserAgent switcher User Agent Switcher | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom) which is a light-weight browser that can simulate the experience of a non-IE browser or OS. You'd be surprised how many flash-enabled sites work perfectly well in IE11 when posing as an iPad for example.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa