WP 8.1 Update 2 (GDR 2) - What to expect

haikallp

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
Update 2 for Windows Phone 8.1 should be announced anytime now. Rumor has it that the settings will now be arranged alphabetically and data toggle will be available on the action centre. What else do you think will be included in this update?

I for one hope for smart-dialing. The lack of this functionality in 2014 is frustrating tbh.

ACynicalLamp

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I want more toogle buttons on action center by sliding right. Atleast 7-8 must be there ...

Interesting feature suggestion. Personally I'm fine with four, but I can see how that'd be great too.

I say we add in native stopwatch and torch (light) buttons on the action bar and in the OS. Then I think the 8 to 10 swipe to the right for more suggestion would be awesome. Also the biggest thing would be fixing lock screen applications for a complete fluid experience.

Cortana support for torch would be awesome such as:

"Give me some light" etc..

binnyandrews

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Update 2 for Windows Phone 8.1 should be announced anytime now. Rumor has it that the settings will now be arranged alphabetically and data toggle will be available on the action centre. What else do you think will be included in this update?

I for one hope for smart-dialing. The lack of this functionality in 2014 is frustrating tbh.

Same here. Wish for smart dial.

ame phirinyane

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
a better update of OFFICE would really be NICE.MS cant make office for PCs as good as it is and be lazy to make mobile versions half as good....we use these for daily things,some do there office work on them and as such require them to be half as good.take EXCEL for example.almost all the files u try to open and edit don't open in lumia just because of the few functions MS has for the app.<thumps DOWN MS>

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site

Alphabetically sorted settings would be frustrating and pointless. The rumor is being able to manually change the settings list.

I'm hoping for:

an option to hide games in the app list (this was the worst decision in 8.1)
an option to make the system tray auto-hide like it did in 8.0
the return of the text editing cursor
a better/faster games hub
a better pictures gallery
data toggle in action center
getting rid of the stutter when returning to the start screen when closing an app
more accent colors and/or returning cobalt to what it was in 8.0
option to change the the charging sound

So basically fixes to all the stuff that was broken in 8.1.

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
More vpn protocols support. My college and the phone is driving me crazy. L2tp one part of the works and the other needs SStp. good god!

Graceful termination of vpn

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Alphabetically sorted settings would be frustrating and pointless. The rumor is being able to manually change the settings list.

I'm hoping for:

an option to hide games in the app list (this was the worst decision in 8.1)
an option to make the system tray auto-hide like it did in 8.0
the return of the text editing cursor
a better/faster games hub
a better pictures gallery
data toggle in action center
getting rid of the stutter when returning to the start screen when closing an app
more accent colors and/or returning cobalt to what it was in 8.0
option to change the the charging sound

So basically fixes to all the stuff that was broken in 8.1.

This. I don't need to give my wishes because you have it covered.

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I want more toogle buttons on action center by sliding right. Atleast 7-8 must be there ...

I'd like to see at least 1 more toggle available as an option if you have a screen of 5" or more. 6" screens, like on the 1320 and 1520, get 5 toggles as standard.

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
a better update of OFFICE would really be NICE.MS cant make office for PCs as good as it is and be lazy to make mobile versions half as good....we use these for daily things,some do there office work on them and as such require them to be half as good.take EXCEL for example.almost all the files u try to open and edit don't open in lumia just because of the few functions MS has for the app.<thumps DOWN MS>

I agree, it's the big elephant in the room, nobody really talks about. Since WP7, we've been clamouring for better mobile support. In 8.1.1, we finally got the ability to open password protected office files, yay! Unfortunately, we can't actually edit them, urrh!

haikallp

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
Well since its a relatively minor update I don't think we should expect much.
- Data toggle in action center
- Flashlight in action center
- Alphabetically sorted settings
- Smart-dialing (its 2014, hello?!)
- USB-OTG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaviSmalle