Is anyone else noticing their WP8.1 DP crashing and running slow now?

thaman04

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm noticing these past few weeks, my phone has been crashing often, not as smooth as it used to be, and notifications not working as great as they used. For example, almost ALL the time, the start screen takes a few seconds to load (whereas before it was only rarely), apps crash all the time (for example, I click the WhatsApp tile or the Music tile, heck even the Mail tile) and the screen will go blank for a few seconds then return to the Start Screen... and then after a few tries, it'll load the app. I'm also noticing syncing issues with the Mail app now. I have a 920 and it's been working great on the Dev Preview for this time, it's only these past few weeks I'm noticing this major slow down. It reminds me of Android with all the lags and crashes ugh. I read a post before it depends on the free space you have left, I have 5gb remaining, which is still plenty.

I'm wondering if anyone else is noticing this or if you've been able to resolve this?

kaantantr

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Im having this a lot with whatsapp and music apps. When I click a notification from whatsapp to go directly to that chat, 90% of the time it crashes.

And when playing music, when I click the name of the music on my lockscreen to open music app, it crashes every time. Not even once it succeeded.

But I believe it is about the apps and not the OS.

thaman04

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Possibly about the apps, but this is also happening with the baked in music player as well. Like the Music Hub Tile app loads fine, but once it launches the baked in hub itself it crashes. That's concerning because the baked in native stuff never crashed before. This includes the start screen and app-switcher as well with major lags. This only started happening recently.

Hotvak123

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I have a Icon with wp8.1 dp and everything is opening fast, from Skype, whatsapp, tabatalk, facebook, 6tag, and no crashing or slow down.
try Storage cleaner app, to clear the temporary junk files out of your phone. or try uninstalling the app and reinstall it see what happens

thaman04

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Using Storange Sense to clear the temp files and IE temp files, as well as uninstalling some apps helped a little. It's still quite laggy, but at least it's smoother than these past few weeks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre