Woke up to Bitlocker Blue Screen this Morning - No updates installed

Rich Reeves

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

Not really a question, as I'm still in the middle of trying to recover from this and haven't yet exhausted the recovery avenues open to me but I thought I'd post in case anyone had had a similar problem..

Basically to recap, I woke up this morning, phone seemed to be working fine. Left the house and tried to put on some music. The 'On The Phone' music only contained my own music I had ripped and copied over via USB no Xbox Music albums. I thought it might be a licensing issue whereby it wasn't picking up my Music subscription, and decided to restart the phone -> slide down power off. This shut the phone down remarkably quickly and when I turned it back on - Bitlocker Blue Screen.

So far the Nokia Recovery Tool has failed.with Error 0x80131500 every time, so I'm now trying other more 'advanced' recovery options.

The only thing I can think of that has recently changed with the phone is last night I started populating my Music folder (created via the link in New details emerge about rumored Microsoft Xbox Music Locker service | Windows Central) on my OneDrive and copied across some of my own DRM free music. Which I subsequently downloaded some of these DRM free files via the 'Files' app to the phone.

My phone is connected to my work Office365 Exchange account, but I'm the Sys Admin so I know nothing got changed there yesterday that would have enabled Bitlocker. I had previously rolled back my phone to pick up the OTA Cyan updates some months ago and subsequently re-enabled the Preview For Developers and was up to date with updates - the last being approx 2-3 weeks ago.

Any comments from the similarly afflicted would be useful! Otherwise I'll keep you posted.

​Rich

UPDATE: Product Support Tool for Store fails the flash with error:

FA_ERR_VERIFY_FAIL: 0xFA00000DException:
Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.MurzimProgrammingException: FA_ERR_VERIFY_FAIL: 0xFA00000D
at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.Flash()
at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.<HandleDownloadVariantPackageCompleted>b__c(Object state)

Now I need help!

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm assuming you're using W7?

Here's the only two suggestions I've found concerning this error.

First is try disabling the any 3rd party virus and firewall software you may be running. Then try the NSRT again.

If you don't have any 3rd party turn off these two services - Internet Connection Services and Windows Firewall.

This may help but I'm not 100% certain.

Rich Reeves

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

Thanks for your responses

As it's a 1020, there is no SD card.

I've tried it on two PCs running 8.1 with no success. Have tried disabling the firewall and still no success! As 8.1 there is no ICS to disable (as far as I could find)

Really stumped as to why and what to do next!!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried doing a hard reset with keys? This is taken from the Troubleshooting section.

The problem you are experiencing may be caused by a software problem on your phone. You will need to perform a factory reset to try and resolve the problem.

Please note: All information on your phone will be deleted and anything that has not been backed up will be lost during this process. If you cannot access your phone's menu, unfortunately you will not be able to back-up any data.

Make sure your phone is powered off.
Press and hold the 'volume down' button.
Press the 'power' button until the phone vibrates, then release the 'power' button.
Keep the 'volume down' button held until you see an '!' on the screen, then release the 'volume down' button.
When the '!' appears, press the following buttons in order:

'volume up'
'volume down'
'power'
'volume down'
You should see rotating gears on your screen for around 5 minutes.
Your display will then turn blank for 30 seconds while your phone restarts.
It will take several minutes for your phone to restart. Once your phone has restarted you will need to follow the on-screen instructions and complete the initial set-up process on your phone.

Rich Reeves

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Yep, tried a hard reset already.

It never gets to the cogs/gears. I get the exclamation mark and the phone resets but then all I get is:

Splash screen -> Bitlocker screen

​...and then it goes no further

Last edited:

Rich Reeves

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi TechFreak

THe video only shows the guy using the Nokia Recovery Tool which is failing with me, with Error 0x80131500 every time.

Dead end I'm afraid unless you meant another video?

Thanks,

​Rich

Rich Reeves

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, thanks for your replies

Nokia Care Suite has also failed me, so the phone is on it's way to a Nokia Care Centre as we speak

Thanks for all your help!

​Rich

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi TechFreak

THe video only shows the guy using the Nokia Recovery Tool which is failing with me, with Error 0x80131500 every time.

Dead end I'm afraid unless you meant another video?

Thanks,

​Rich

Sorry, yes meant to link another video :(.

Hey guys, thanks for your replies

Nokia Care Suite has also failed me, so the phone is on it's way to a Nokia Care Centre as we speak

Thanks for all your help!

​Rich

Well since it is going to be almost 2 weeks now, hopefully you have received your phone back now?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99