Windows Phone 8.1 Is not backing up anymore...why?

MartLea

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi, full sympathy with you m8. This 'bug' has been around for so long most have given up MSFT ever getting it fixed. If you browse the forums here and elsewhere you will find zillions of people advising turn of this or change that or spin 3 times and look East! There is even a whole article somewhere on this site giving the same 'fixes'.
I have a Nokia Lumia 620 CV UK Cyan, on PfD with latest updates and still get the same error. At every update I hoped MSFT would address and fix this issue - they never have. MSFT support forums are a joke on this issue btw as well.
After doing a manual backup and getting the 'There was a problem...' error message if I go to my OneDrive A/c (via PC) I see there is some sort of backup but as no details are given such as files/folders/ etc. I've no idea if it is any good or not!
By the way, backup worked just fine form me in WP8.0 and I really appreciated it even without full backup details but since 8.1 I have no faith in the thing or MSFT ability/willingness to fix this.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi, full sympathy with you m8. This 'bug' has been around for so long most have given up MSFT ever getting it fixed. If you browse the forums here and elsewhere you will find zillions of people advising turn of this or change that or spin 3 times and look East! There is even a whole article somewhere on this site giving the same 'fixes'.
I have a Nokia Lumia 620 CV UK Cyan, on PfD with latest updates and still get the same error. At every update I hoped MSFT would address and fix this issue - they never have. MSFT support forums are a joke on this issue btw as well.
After doing a manual backup and getting the 'There was a problem...' error message if I go to my OneDrive A/c (via PC) I see there is some sort of backup but as no details are given such as files/folders/ etc. I've no idea if it is any good or not!
By the way, backup worked just fine form me in WP8.0 and I really appreciated it even without full backup details but since 8.1 I have no faith in the thing or MSFT ability/willingness to fix this.
Have you looked at the link I posted? The fix mentioned in that thread fixed it for me and it hasn't happened since.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720