The digitizer problem, nokia ruinned wp for me.

Terfas Farok

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,
After i've broked my lumia 620 digitizer i put a new one and he was working just fine but after the update to 8.1 the digitizer stop working at all, now i can't upgrade my phone so im stuck with wp8 boring black screen.
All im thinking now is going back to android. thx nokia keep up with the bad work.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
was the digitizer an original part?
or a knockoff?

If it was a knockoff, you're blaming Nokia for it?
If it was an OEM part like one from a donor 620, then I don't know what to say. (although I personally doubt its the case)

if I start fiddling with any of my device's hardware, I can't blame X manufacturer for not having failsafes for every potential contingency.
although it does seem suspicious.

but if you're bent on Android, feel free as long as it meets your needs and wants. Not like Samsung builds theirs to automatically repair any potential problems.

well, that's just my take on it... I think I've heard of a couple other 8.1 digitizer disagreements before.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Seriously, you have the kahunas to make a statement like this when you give no background on what type of digitizer you used, whether you put it in. Give more details and if we think happened and you put a cheap digitizer on, they your problem sir.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
So you (yourself) broke the digitizer on your phone, then you (yourself) put a new one in and it was working but quit and its the fault of Nokia! You broke the digitizer replace it and it quit working which means it probably not put back together as it was supposed to be so the fault is either in digitizer #2 which may or may not have been an OEM part, or the fault of the person who put it back together (whether you or somebody you paid to fix it) and not the fault of Nokia. You are blaming the wrong people and should go after the people at fault which does not appear to be Nokia at this point. You don't appear to have a case against Nokia based on your facts. BTW I am an attorney!

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
This behavior of blaming a phone and switching when something goes wrong is actually a very good thing for the underdog such as Microsoft. It should be encouraged, not fought against.

There are a LOT more Android and iPhone users and zero reason to think those devices are any more reliable than Windows Phones. Therefore those platforms will lose a LOT more people to WP with their knee-jerk switches than WP could lose to them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos