boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Check updates (labeled as critical)

Battery Saver improvements
NTP (Network Time Protocol) improvements
OS update scheduler
Battery Saver gains a Live Tile with real-time battery status and Quick Action integration. To enable the Quick Action feature for Battery Saver, just go to settings -> notifications + actions and select Battery Saver for one of your icons.

rohankhandelwal

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Whenever I see for check for updates its keeps on checking and then says error 80072e77 despite of having internet connection... Same problem is there for back up..says all the time temporary issue..please help this out

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Noticed Cortana isn't talking to me after updating today. Not telling me jokes, not answering questions, nothing... just Bing search results. I know this is probably just a coincidence, and is something on the back end.. But... Erghh

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Yup Cortana broken on mine too.

EDIT...Fixed

Use this chit-chat workaround....

1. Turn of Cortana by going to settings->Swipe left to application->Cortana and turn it off.
2. Restart your phone (will ask for it automatically)
3. Then do a bing voice search as usually (The old one).
4. Now navigate to Cortana again and turn it on.
(Open Cortana from her own app in the first)

Ask her to tell a joke...it seems to get her going again.

Last edited:

Kunalya

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
MY friends! New update just only bring some little changes with great change in batter saver with live tile and Now can also add it to notification center.Here are some screenshots of mine update taken in this morning!wp_ss_20141114_0001.pngwp_ss_20141114_0002.png
My lumia 520 8.1 works fine.If any question,fell free to ask anything about it.:excited:

Last edited:

dicks-webos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
After updating I now have a "WIFI" option in the notification settings. You can set to vibrate, sound notification and banner. Is this for new WIFI networks the phone detects? Not noticed it before.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
After updating I now have a "WIFI" option in the notification settings. You can set to vibrate, sound notification and banner. Is this for new WIFI networks the phone detects? Not noticed it before.

That's not new, I have the build below yours and I have the WiFi option in notification settings.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I try to update and I get an error of 80070570.....

Any idea besides hard resetting the phone ? I did a search on here and there is only 2 posts and they hard reset and it worked but, not willing to hard reset right now...

The link shows me other errors but, the error I get is not listed there..

wp_ss_20141114_0001.jpg

Ozzy1320

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Yes check your internal storage if its below the 1 or 2 GB start deleting stuff that you don't use, make sure your WiFi and that your device has enough battery life for the process or restart your device, just my suggestion otherwise check through the how to section for details also if tap on learn more you should get a little more insight on what's causing the problem.

devlam

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Nice addition to let update install automatically but will the alarm go off if an update was installed during night and you haven't given the sim pin?

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
My alarms failed to work after updating yesterday. Coincidence? Maybe. I did a soft reset and still nothing. I have alarms set manually and also with Cortana. I tried a couple different times and alarm never went off or any message pop up. I may have to delete and redo my alarms and see if that works.

Waylon Payne

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Lot of negative comments, haven't noticed any bugs myself. In fact my 930, seems snappier now. Skype appears to launch faster, no resuming screen anymore.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes check your internal storage if its below the 1 or 2 GB start deleting stuff that you don't use, make sure your WiFi and that your device has enough battery life for the process or restart your device, just my suggestion otherwise check through the how to section for details also if tap on learn more you should get a little more insight on what's causing the problem.

I have 5gb free, battery was 99% when I tried it.... I did reset it but, still not working :(

devlam

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I realized that the same situation appears when you turn of phone while alarms are set and then turn on again without entering sim pin. Alarm is working!

Deamion

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
On my L620 after the update my Glance screen will no longer show when waving my hand over the front camera, and when I press the power button it takes a bit longer before it will show the lock screen than it did before. The glance screen comes on as normal a few seconds after I lock the phone. But not when the screen is off, and I wave my hand over the front camera.
I haven't noticed any other issues yet.

kloar

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I installed the DP on my Lumia Icon back during the Summer. It was great at first, but I gradually had more issues come up, such as the phone running hot, battery drain, taking several seconds to wake up, occasionally freezing, etc.

My phone died on me in late August. I am doubtful it had anything to do with the DP, it was a hardware issue. Verizon sent me a replacement via the warranty. At that point, I didn't reinstall the DP because I thought we were close to getting 8.1/Cyan via Verizon. In fact I keep holding off installing DP because I always thought we were "only a week or two" from receiving 8.1/Cyan from Verizon and due to my previous issues, it was worth waiting.

Well, this "under development" downgrade just crushed my hopes that it's "only a week or two" away. My question is this. Have the recent updates to DP, such as the thread topic, made it more stable? I'm ready to pull the trigger and reinstall DP, but the issues I had were more than just a nuisance.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I installed the DP on my Lumia Icon back during the Summer. It was great at first, but I gradually had more issues come up, such as the phone running hot, battery drain, taking several seconds to wake up, occasionally freezing, etc.

My phone died on me in late August. I am doubtful it had anything to do with the DP, it was a hardware issue. Verizon sent me a replacement via the warranty. At that point, I didn't reinstall the DP because I thought we were close to getting 8.1/Cyan via Verizon. In fact I keep holding off installing DP because I always thought we were "only a week or two" from receiving 8.1/Cyan from Verizon and due to my previous issues, it was worth waiting.

Well, this "under development" downgrade just crushed my hopes that it's "only a week or two" away. My question is this. Have the recent updates to DP, such as the thread topic, made it more stable? I'm ready to pull the trigger and reinstall DP, but the issues I had were more than just a nuisance.

The DP is generally safe to use but you may have bugs and reduced battery life, however as Deamion says, you can always use the Nokia Software Recovery Tool to revert back to the latest official release if you have major problems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon