Bug in new battery saver app

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Battery Saver - Usage "loading data" crashes

Got a problem with battery saver in settings on my Lumia 830. I soft reset the phone multiple times, still the same problem. I can open the settings page of the battery saver. However, whenever I go to usage, it displays "loading data" and then crashes and jumps back to the system page.

anybody else has seen this?
It was working fine before the update

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: Battery Saver - Usage "loading data" crashes

Same here with a 925.
I fixed this by setting the phones year past today 2106 rebooting and resetting date.
Battery saver works now, yet I've got other serious problems also.

Edit and update:
Fixed my other issues by rechecking date and time settings.
Time was correct the day was one month late.

Re-edit/update:
Battery saver data option is again crashing back to the desktop.

Last edited:

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Did you try a hard reset? Sometimes it helps to clear out any small bugs after updating :) Don't forget to backup first

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I noticed the same discrepancy just after the phone data has been restored (with 21 steps). But after a forced restart triggered by opening the "device hub" in the Settings, the discrepancy disappeared.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

Same here with a 925.
I fixed this by setting the phones year past today 2106 rebooting and resetting date.
Battery saver works now, yet I've got other serious problems also.
interesting. after setting time to 2106 and rebooting it tells me to uninstall or buy the battery saver because there is a problem with the app (no kidding).

edit1:
Followed the instructions again and it's working as of now.
Curious for how long. will report back if there is a change.
thanks for the tip

edit2:
well, that didn't last long - lol. After rebooting it crashes again.

weird.

Last edited:

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

interesting. after setting time to 2106 and rebooting it tells me to uninstall or buy the battery saver because there is a problem with the app (no kidding).

edit.
Followed the instructions again and it's working as of now.
Curious for how long. will report back if there is a change.
thanks for the tip

Lol just uninstall the app, download sysapp pusher (can't remember the exact name) and run the app to check for updates. It will show you a list of available apps to download, download the batt saver app and check if the bug is fixed. Should take no more than 15 minutes in total

Edit: lol nvm then

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

ok, smart alec :cool: show me how to uninstall the app.
even when it gave me the choice it wouldn't let me.
PS: sysapp pusher does not have an option for Battery Saver and it can't check for an update of the same either.

guess I will resort to hard reset if I get tired of the crashing. rarely look at that usage page anyway.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

ok, smart alec :cool: show me how to uninstall the app.
even when it gave me the choice it wouldn't let me.

guess I will resort to hard reset if I get tired of the crashing. rarely look at that usage page anyway.

The app must not like you :p because setting the date forward should have given you the option to uninstall it after "long-tapping" the app

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

it does - yep. but tapping 'uninstall' does not do anything (I should have mentioned that in the post above). It must not like me or Guytronic...
thanks for helping btw.

Last edited:

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

it does - yep. but tapping 'uninstall' does not do anything (I should have mentioned that in the post above). It must not like me or Guytronic...
thanks for helping btw.

Ok well that's the extend of my knowledge lol... Keep us updated!

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

I was gonna do the reset tonite, think I'll wait now maybe we'll see a patch for us booboo users.
Dang me...phone was running like a new one before this :angry:

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

I was gonna do the reset tonite, think I'll wait now maybe we'll see a patch for us booboo users.
Dang me...phone was running like a new one before this :angry:

Aaah Patience you must have young padawan :p

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I know the phone or app is just tricking me. Once I post this it will cease to function...

I've done the year trick again last night, got it to work, but did not reboot this time. This morning I rebooted a few times and did a soft reset twice and battery saver is acting perfectly normal so far.

Possible that it has to accumulate some decent amount of data first?

edit 1: ok, it seems my last statement has a point in some form or another. It is working when set to show usage from last 24 hours. Apparently the culprit app or data that is older than 24 hs cannot cause a crash anymore. If I however set it to show the last 48 hours it immediately crashes again.

Now, if you are quick enough, you can make it to the usage tab and tab the show last ... line and tap 24hs it will work again. This worked for me at least.

With the above I assume the problem will disappear after two days.
Guytronic, hope you read this before you decide to do a hard reset...

The solution at this point seems to be to use Guytronic's year trick. Then no reboot for a minimum of a day (at show 24hs) and two days (at show 48hs). After that the culprit data should have been flushed....

MS should include an option to reset usage data to circumvent problem apps or data in Battery Recovery. Although looking at this thread this happened to only two people so far.....

cheers

Last edited:

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I know the phone or app is just tricking me. Once I post this it will cease to function...

I've done the year trick again last night, got it to work, but did not reboot this time. This morning I rebooted a few times and did a soft reset twice and battery saver is acting perfectly normal so far.

Possible that it has to accumulate some decent amount of data first?

edit 1: ok, it seems my last statement has a point in some form or another. It is working when set to show usage from last 24 hours. Apparently the culprit app or data that is older than 24 hs cannot cause a crash anymore. If I however set it to show the last 48 hours it immediately crashes again.

Now, if you are quick enough, you can make it to the usage tab and tab the show last ... line and tap 24hs it will work again. This worked for me at least.

With the above I assume the problem will disappear after two days.
Guytronic, hope you read this before you decide to do a hard reset...

The solution at this point seems to be to use Guytronic's year trick. Then no reboot for a minimum of a day (at show 24hs) and two days (at show 48hs). After that the culprit data should have been flushed....

MS should include an option to reset usage data to circumvent problem apps or data in Battery Recovery. Although looking at this thread this happened to only two people so far.....

cheers

There might be others in the future, so it's best if we have these solutions now :) Wonder if it worked for Guytronic

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Uh-oh... :crying:

I reset earlier before checking back...
Thanks you guys for battling this out.

Everything is working fine...I went thru every app/settings and features to see if any other bugs were there.
Looks like only apps linked to Battery saver may have been affected such as Cortana.

I had to get Battery Saver working so I could shut down backgrounding apps that were needlessly using resources and power.

I was wondering if perhaps Insider Pro had something to do with the battery app data crash?
Insider has a shortcut available from within the app to open Battery Saver.
It's never been a problem in the past however (just thinking aloud.)

Ah well since I'm a master-resetter the 925 is back to normal thanks to WC, screenshots and crib notes.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

Oh no.

I don't have insider pro installed on mine. I thought of comparing apps, but probably too many in common and hard to find which one.

I'm actually thinking of a hard reset still. Coming from L920 to L830 there may be some flush carried over from the restore that needs to be cleaned and started from scratch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb