Windows Phone 8.1 update 14203 Battery life

jammersplace

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone has had this issue since the update. I can charge my phone to 100% then when I goto sleep I put it in airplane mode and by the time I wake up the phone is dead. Does anyone know whats going on here?

Ploydd

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
My wife has noticed a big decrease in battery life since the update on her 925. She lives on Facebook though so it's definitely eating battery lol. However, she can charge the phone and without touching it the phone will drain battery much faster than before. I advised her to factory reset but she refuses lol. So I'm thinking about doing it tonight after she falls asleep and I'll let you know if it helps.

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
My wife has noticed a big decrease in battery life since the update on her 925. She lives on Facebook though so it's definitely eating battery lol. However, she can charge the phone and without touching it the phone will drain battery much faster than before. I advised her to factory reset but she refuses lol. So I'm thinking about doing it tonight after she falls asleep and I'll let you know if it helps.

It hasn't changed for me at all, since the update on my 925.
Factory reset might be too drastic for this.

OP and Ploydd, Check in battery saver if something is draining battery in background, and disable it from running.

Alternatively, if you're on a Lumia, turn OFF double-tap to wake if you have it on. It ruins battery life. Glance is solid though, on Peek it shouldn't cause drain.

A soft reset might fix it too.

Ploydd

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Already disabled all battery hogging apps and disable apps that run in the background eating up data, but still getting the issue. Also tried a soft reset with same result, which is why my last resort is a hard reset after a backup. It usually only takes like 45 min to an hour to complete.

crossfire81

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I have this update on 2 different phones with this problem (928 and 920). When using the phone my battery is decreasing 6% every 20 min. For me this decrease in power is way too fast. Double tap is off. Glance is on peek. Switched screen brightness from automatic to low. I even did a couple soft resets. Nothing seemed to help. When not using the phone there is no crazy battery drain. Here is the kicker, I also have a 822 and I am having no issue with increased battery drain with this update. Really weird

jammersplace

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
It's just been weird. Here is the thing if I leave it on normal mode not airplane I can last over 12 hours with few calls but in airplane it drains it like crazy I don't know what to say.

Roger Deep

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
1 day since last charge, it is at 70% now. I used the radio almost all afternoon, so it dropped from 80% to 70%. But no games, nor much use too. Just did 4 calls, 2 were from Bluetooth, that is always on. Wifi and location I just turn on when I need. Wifi usually at night for updates, email, etc.

Daniel James 2

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
My 1520 on 14203 has 60% after work at 5pm after a fair bit of internet, gaming, whatsapp, facebook and using the camera for a bit, so I'd say it's doing fine.

jammersplace

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Seems like its more pointed to the older phones. My 920 is horrible after the latest update. I'm working on changing some settings and if that doesn't fix the issue I will be doing a reset.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Huge difference in Battery Life on my ICON since this last update...just did a clean install of the phone to see if that may help.

wpfanboy17

May 10, 2014
Visit site
I used to get 20-22hrs of average battery life after moderate usage before official cyan update.. now getting just 16-17hrs..

- Lumia 925 DP

palmujukka

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
920 with Cyan. The battery life was horrible (~7h) just after the update but has now stabilised to about the sane level Tha before the update.

Martin hfd

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
No difference in L820, lasts through the whole day... With Wi-Fi, casual Data conn., a lot of texts, calls, couple of photos and a lot of browsing... So yeah doing good for now (normal battery not mugen)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss