Why can't Microsoft do this with their phone like Sony

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, that doesn't impress me much. It is a nice feature to have, but I'm assuming that MS will have actual Xbox games on mobile devices in the future with W10 and new hardware.

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
So developers create a game that's over 30GB in size, packed with detailed graphics paired with surround sound audio, with a precise physics engine to make it all happen at its core, and you want to play it on a small screen, streamed at a lower resolution, with hard to play controls?

Am I the only one here who wants to play a game as if I was playing in a cinema?

isi mcf

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
This would be a cool feature to have, it would be nice to stream my fame to my phone so my kids or wife could use the TV. I'd be fame for it, it was nice when you could do it on the psp and its still nice to be able to do it.

TachyonicCargo

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Sooooooooooo basically, Sony just copied a feature from the Wii U, only on a smaller screen than the WiiU tablet.

It's a nice gimmick, but I would much rather Microsoft work on how to bring back digital game sharing with people from your Friends List who don't already have the game, than work on something like this. And I'd much rather Microsoft work on delivering their promise that every Xbox One would work as a standalone Xbox One devkit, than on something like this. And I'd much rather Microsoft finally nail down bringing cloud co-processing to the Xbox One, than work on something like this. And I'd much rather Microsoft work to get all 3rd parties on board with the proper usage of ESRAM, than on something like this. Or any number of really cool, not to mention extremely useful features the Xbox One was supposed to do, but got delayed due to the 180 Microsoft were forced to pull, after E3 2013.

Streaming your game to a phone or a tablet is nice and all, but it is hardly practical. And the way Sony is using it, as a means to trick people into buying Sony's other devices (Xperia, Vita, etc.), devices that the masses clearly have no interest in purchasing, is cheap, is a money grab, and smacks of a company in desperation. At least Nintendo gives you the tablet they want you to stream the game to, in the box with the console. And knowing Microsoft if they did something like this, like with SmartGlass, they would make it compatible with every device out there; not just Windows-based devices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo