Game-hub problem with Xbox profile sync after app-update on WP

Risvall

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Hello!

I have been in contact with MS support regarding the issue and they cannot help or refuse to, just waste my time.

The problem i have is that my xbox profile will not sync on my WP.
This problem started about a few months ago.

I have tried to reset the phone and then connect my MS account to it again, then the game-hub works and my xbox-stats shows. But as soon as i update the Game-app I`m not synced any more and cannot see the stats.

The phone i have is a Lumia 930, had the same problem on my Lumia 1520.
The problem only accours with my standard MS account. If i use a friends MS account or my other MS account to connect to the phone the Xbox stats/profile syncs when the game-app update is done.

So my own conclutions is that the problem is with my MS/xbox profile?
Because the app works as it should if i use other accounts.
I get the same problem on other phones if i use my standard account.

If i access xbox by browser, xbox-game app Windows 8.1 it works and i can see my stats and so on.

I have 2 questions. What support is responsible for my problem?
Microsoft, Xbox or Windows Phone. Because they all refer to each-other.

I can send links to chatt-transcript if it would help?
Pics before app update and after;
wp_ss_20141103_0001.jpgwp_ss_20141103_0002.jpg
wp_ss_20141103_0004.jpgwp_ss_20141103_0005.jpg

Can someone please help me?

Last edited:

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Only thing I can think to check is your regional settings in your xbox account. e.g time, area etc

Also how old is your account? I had problems with mine (different to yours) support wasn't much good. I fixed mine by updating my Live account. By this I mean when I first set it up I used a username but didn't set up email to the account. So I added an outlook email address to the account and made it my primary alias. This fixed my issues.

Risvall

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Hey! As far as i can see i have region sweden at xbox.com (cant make any time settings), but when i check my ms accout time and region is correct, also correct on my phone.
My account is old i guess, was a hotmail account erlier but "change" it to outlook when that came.
I have checked many settings with xbox, MS and WP support but no change.

The strange thing is that it works before i upgrade the game-app.

Everyone att support says different things and say that the problem is app, MS account and Xbox. I get so tired, i have had this error about a year:(

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Can I ask what you mean by upgrading the game-app? I can't think I've ever upgraded the 'game app' apart from with an os update.
Also are you running the developer preview?

Risvall

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Can I ask what you mean by upgrading the game-app? I can't think I've ever upgraded the 'game app' apart from with an os update.
Also are you running the developer preview?

Hi!
When i restore the phone and start from scratchj som apps need to be updated game, music, setting etc at store. if i dont update the game-app my xbox profile sync fine. But as soon as i update the game-app my xbox profile dont dync any longer.
Yes iam on DP ( i think ), an chatt operator said that DP was the peoblem and that everyone with the problem that i had had DP installed.
( but hoew come that it woeks with other accounts on the DP unlocked phone?).
Anyhow i dowbnloaded the nokia recover tool (now apperently called lumia) as the operator said, but the only version that i could restore to was the same i had on the phone. I restored to the firmare using the tool but no change

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Not sure. The only other thing I can think is a bit drastic. Not sure on the details but you could set up a new account and then transfer your old ones purchases etc to it.
I think it takes a couple of days to fully swap over.

Only problem is this won't necessarily be a fix.

Not sure how you can only 'think' you're on DP though.

Risvall

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
What i mant was that im not sure if im on official release or not since i have reeinstalld the firmware.
The version im on is:
Rev: 02061.00066.14353.31002 (and this is the same one i get to install if I use the recoery tool).

I also have Another problem (if this is linked to my problem above some how).
If i go to Settings/Keybord and then choose language, i choose only Swedish. After a few Days i get Swedish and English. I then remove English, but after a wile it gets back there again (it Always does).

Copy of one of our chats and accourding to him i have 2 profiles?
But when i get Another operator he says i dont have that.
And Another operator said that i had an US and a SE profile:
"Ion D.: I remember now

Mattias: great

Mattias: I restored the phone using Nokia recover tool (but is called Lumia now), and the firmware that i

had was the same as the one i could restore to

Ion D.: Do you have an Xbox console as well? or you play only on your Windows Phone?

Mattias: I have had an Xbox console erlier (but no longer). I had a Xbox one and an Xbox 360. the strange

thing is when i was logged in at the 360 it showed me Another Point on my Xbox profile then it did on my

Xbox one and phone and account online

Ion D.: Also are you on 8.0 or 8.1 OS version?

Mattias: it showed 700 something when i had 1400. OS 8.1

Ion D.: It seems you had 2 different gamertags on different devices

Mattias: OK, so thats the problem. Can you delete one of them? will my pursase history still exists if you

delete one?

Ion D.: let me check

Ion D.: just a moment please

Mattias: yes

Ion D.: before that may I ask you first

Ion D.: After Nokia recovery did you sync your phone with your accounts

Mattias: Both yes and no. The first time i dident sync, updated the game app and then the game app dident

work as it should any longer. So then i made a reset and choosed a profile from my old accounts with

settings and apps

Mattias: Short. It does not matter if i Make a "Clean" start or not with settings/apps on the phone. As soon

as i update the game-hubb the problem accours

Ion D.: Just talked to my manager, the Xbox should have access to your both Xbox accounts and

(gamertags). This issue it's totally not related with your Windows Phone.
"

Would you be helped if i Send you a link to the documents I have with the chatts i have had the latest Days?
I can send link to these in private message (i Think, cant do it here in forum since i dont have 10 posts).

Regarding the shift of accounts that you describe, how do i proceed with that? Will my Xbox friends, score also be transfered?

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
You can look in up on xbox support pages. Search for transferring accounts or something similar. Think you set up a new account first and then transfer everything to it.

Yes the shift of accounts takes everything over

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon